Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see on the internet, if their are different magazines, than the standard banana or the 90 rd drum mags, I think the names of this plastic drum is MGW or something like that.

Is this all that we can expect, or are there others out their?

:rapid:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Those are the types I've seen. Also, you can get a clip designed to hold two magazines together side-by-side (one upside-down), that when one clip is empty, you pop it off, flip it over, then re-insert and you have X more rounds!
:ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don't mount them upside down like in the movies! the upside down one is pront to filling with dirt, damaged feed lips:eek: and the like from hitting the ground when you dive for cover. The straps have a space wich mount the other mag upright but to the side enough to clear the stock. :) Some even will allow more than two to be attached. But six mags strung together would be pretty awkward!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Has anyone ever used a mag cover like this one at Cheaper than Dirt? I like to load up before I go to the field, but am concerned about getting dirt or droping, and bending the delicate mag end. Are they worth a try at 4 ea for $7.97? #MAG-118

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
I dunno. I have not ever had a problem with dirt getting in my mags.

However, one REALLY cold day at the range with no gloves on (duh) I dropped a couple mags in a snow bank, due to my cold fingers. I just banged them on a range table to knock out the snow and fired them off with no problem. If you're out in the elements and have butter fingers, you might want some. Otherwise, as noted in previous posts, the Mini tends to not have any trouble with dirt interfering with operation.

·
Registered
224 Posts
2655- i haven't had any problems either , but you gotta admit it does make sense not to try to get dirt in your mags if possible. that upside down thing seems like asking for trouble. Maybe it was all OK untill they invented the AR15:D :D :D

cajungeo- i like the concept-I'll split a pack with you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not do this anyway, because it would increase the length of the mag & this means that I could not fire in the prone position.

About the mag cover, for me it's going a little far, but each into their own.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
My personal solution was using the magazine clamp by combining 2 different mags, a 40 rd. and a 30 rd., level at the bottom. The larger one goes on the left. This solves all problems: the total lenght remains the same as the 40 rd (ok for prone); both magazines are right-side up (no problem with foreign matter); when 40 rd. is inserted, the 30 rd. does not interfere with the bolt (because it's shorter). As a bonus you can change mags with one hand, since you don't need to turn the rig over. I got pics if anyone needs a visual aid. : )

P.S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts