Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And are they worth a darn? Is it the ammo that I am shooting (shown in the photo) or is it the feed lips? I can't get these rounds to cycle through. They work just fine in my Ruger 5 round, but not these "no-name" 20 rounders. Any advice? Is it the ammo?

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks to me to be brass cased 30. cal Soft points. Good deer round @ 100 yds. or so
I have no real idea as to the MFG> of those clips tho'
I am a firm believer in Ruger Factory mags.
'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me to be brass cased 30. cal Soft points. Good deer round @ 100 yds. or so
'
Any advice on how to bend the lips so the feed worth a darn? I can't get them to cycle at all. The just feed right below the chamber and get stuck. Very frustrating...

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
'
I didnt read the sticker on the bag saying mini-30. I knew those were the ugliest .223 rounds i had ever seen

+1 on factory mags

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well if possible I'd start with comparing them to a factory mag. Failing that I'd douse them good and strong with carb. cleaner and then check of feed improvement. You can use strong needle nose pliers to bent the feed lip open some.
Failing all that... trot lines always need sinkers! LOL
Hope ya win this one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
'
What clips, I didn't see any clips in that picture. :blink:

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Well if possible I'd start with comparing them to a factory mag. Failing that I'd douse them good and strong with carb. cleaner and then check of feed improvement. You can use strong needle nose pliers to bent the feed lip open some.
Failing all that... trot lines always need sinkers! LOL
Hope ya win this one.
Carb cleaner is a good way to ruin the plastic follower in your mag, or remove paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts