Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a couple types of firearms that I just can't seem to get enough of, but the one that checks me in as a certified addict is the Ruger 10/22. I have 8 of them in my collection (including a '65 Walnut NIB & a '76 "200 Year" NIB). When I go to gun shows, my buddies try to steer me away from tables with 10/22's on 'em. The really bad part is that I am now getting serious about making tackdrivers out of some of them. Being that I live in Dallas and have a membership to a handgun-only range, it makes the situation most peculiar.

So what firearm is your passion, or your poison?

No Longer Involved
Garand and AR-15.

Registered
My addiction is old Winchester 22's. I wanted a pump Winchester with a hammer so bad when I was a kid it was obsessive. So now when I'm older but sometimes not wiser I have been known to give obscene amounts of money for an old 06, 90, or single shot Winchester. The original price for an 1890 was $17.50, an 1906 was $10.50, a thumb trigger was $5.00.

A lyman tang sight was$1.50, some inflation over the years. :confused:

Registered
:confused:
I too suffer from Mauseritis, as well as that most healthy addiction of Rugermania. If it has a Ruger label on it, I want it, but dont always buy it. If it says Mauser, and looks nice, I usually end up with it.:p

Registered
My current bedevilment (aside from my mini-14) is a Ruger M77mkII I bought about 3yrs ago and had rebarrelled to .257 Improved. I love handloading for it, and it has all but replaced my .270 as primary whitetail rifle. Moderate recoil, accurate, and effective anywhere inside 300yds.

Registered
My addiction is Large Caliber firearms. 338 on up. Single shot, bolt action, lever action and revolvers. Big bullets just have the edge over them peashooter bullets.

Registered
AR-15 and my favorite one of all.......The Remington 700 VLS in 308 (which I've made a few changes to). Have you seen it?

:sniper:

Registered
addictions?.....model 52 Winchester .22 rifles, Model 41 Smith & Wesson .22 pistols, and Browning High Powers (especially engraved ones)......

Registered
TO ALLENINALASKA, If I lived up there I'd probabably like them big mommas too!!! Although if were an Eskimo, 222 with a well placed shot does just fie on a Polar Bear!!!

Registered
.22 .223...AR, Mini and 10/22 are good for starters but then there are the shootguns and the high powers, oh no this could go on forever...My addiction is guns! There that was easy.

Registered
Got a bad case of Magnumitus, does that count? Just got my .454 back from Freedom Arms, had them replace one of those nasty Mag-na-ported barrels that limit wonderful recoil, MUCH happier with the wrist-wrenching recoil now! Kalifornication is having a new, onerous handgun law going into effect next year, so I hafta buy a lifetime's supply of handguns this year, so I am looking seriously at Freedom Arms revolvers in .475 Linbaugh.:2guns:

Registered
Colt Anaconda 6" barrel, 2-6x scope. I've been reloading for it for a while now and working on that personal best target score, and trying to come up with the perfect load.

Amy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts