Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a couple types of firearms that I just can't seem to get enough of, but the one that checks me in as a certified addict is the Ruger 10/22. I have 8 of them in my collection (including a '65 Walnut NIB & a '76 "200 Year" NIB). When I go to gun shows, my buddies try to steer me away from tables with 10/22's on 'em. The really bad part is that I am now getting serious about making tackdrivers out of some of them. Being that I live in Dallas and have a membership to a handgun-only range, it makes the situation most peculiar.

So what firearm is your passion, or your poison?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My addiction is old Winchester 22's. I wanted a pump Winchester with a hammer so bad when I was a kid it was obsessive. So now when I'm older but sometimes not wiser I have been known to give obscene amounts of money for an old 06, 90, or single shot Winchester. The original price for an 1890 was $17.50, an 1906 was $10.50, a thumb trigger was $5.00.

A lyman tang sight was$1.50, some inflation over the years. :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
:confused:
I too suffer from Mauseritis, as well as that most healthy addiction of Rugermania. If it has a Ruger label on it, I want it, but dont always buy it. If it says Mauser, and looks nice, I usually end up with it.:p

·
Registered
18 Posts
My current bedevilment (aside from my mini-14) is a Ruger M77mkII I bought about 3yrs ago and had rebarrelled to .257 Improved. I love handloading for it, and it has all but replaced my .270 as primary whitetail rifle. Moderate recoil, accurate, and effective anywhere inside 300yds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got a bad case of Magnumitus, does that count? Just got my .454 back from Freedom Arms, had them replace one of those nasty Mag-na-ported barrels that limit wonderful recoil, MUCH happier with the wrist-wrenching recoil now! Kalifornication is having a new, onerous handgun law going into effect next year, so I hafta buy a lifetime's supply of handguns this year, so I am looking seriously at Freedom Arms revolvers in .475 Linbaugh.:2guns:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Colt Anaconda 6" barrel, 2-6x scope. I've been reloading for it for a while now and working on that personal best target score, and trying to come up with the perfect load.

Amy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.