Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see most all RRA varmit uppers are in 223 WYDLE .What is that ?is it the same as 223?where would I find amo ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
223 Wylde is a chambering that is supposed to be somewhat "tighter" than 5.56 allowing the safe use of 5.56 and possibly some more accuracy out of 223. I think it may be a little shorter throated than 5.56, but I am not sure of that. you can shoot either 5.56 or .223 in it.
http://www.ammo-oracle.com/#diff

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Aimless that helps alot I was wondering way I maker would only offer a size that was never heard of but if it shoots 223 standard and 5.56 better than that's good enough for me.Looks like my next upper will be RRA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have a Rock River, but I have heard good things about them. I still generally prefer chrome lined barrels and chambers (Armalite and Bushy).

Have fun! :rapid:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The Wylde reamer is designed to give .010-.020" jump to rifling with 69/77gr bullets seated to fit in the magazine(2.250OAL). It's actually a little shorter in the throat than 223 Match. Either one will give excellent results.

:sniper:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had a smith check chamber blueprints, the cartridges are all basicly the same except for leade length, they are as follows
223-.040
5.56- .070
wylde- .078
RR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts