Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have removed my front sight and now am considering a brake. the problem is i don't know if i can put a pin on style w/o the sight?. the option i'm thinking about is threading one on like that is the right id for the barrel. i took a cheap mic and came up with 13mm to 13.9 step up and thought i MAYBE can get away with a ak brake that is 14mm left hand thread.....is this possible??? thanks for any input......later

·
Registered
567 Posts
The one I bought from Bushmaster is the Choat M-14 lookalike. It requires you to remove your factory front sight then redrill a pinhole in a new location to install the Choat flash suppresser. Since it replaces the factory sight you must get it on straight, no big chore if you use a vise & a good level. Installation didn't improve or hurt the accuracy of my Mini-14 but when you go to the range try to get off by yourself as the side blast is greatly increased. My friend had an empty soda can on the bench next to me & the blast knocked it off the bench. I'm thinking seriously about chopping 4 inches off the barrel then silver soldering the flash suppresser on permanently, shorter & stiffer may work.

Good shooting
Bushwack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts