Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
I have seen a many worn out barrel bushings replaced on the 1911 and it really made a difference in the accuracy. They are also inexpensive,your Colt is capable of much better accuracy than that. Hope this helps.
IIRC, Officers models do not have barrel bushings!

Clean it up real good paying attention to the areas already described. Bring it in closer to 12 or 15 yards and bench it and see where it prints on paper. Could be a lot of things, crown damage, bore pitting, sight adjustment, poor grip, poor trigger. Bringing it in closer lets you see if its you or the gun. Try different ammo too.

Put a five inch Bar sto barrel in it and watch it come alive!

· Registered
162 Posts
Hmmm, No tapered barrel from the factory? Must've been an aftermarket barrel and I didnt realize what I was looking at.

As for the thread, clean it and all that like suggested but try different ammo in it before going further mechanically. It might just not like that ammo you fed it. A different brand may give results as different as night & day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.