Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
832 Posts
My Redfield 3-9x by 40 is holding up so far. They come with a lifetime warranty so we'll see. The mini will ruin a scope. Of course, so will a pellet gun. My Crossman is supposed to be notorious because the recoil comes from a different direction. Again, we'll see.

fishslayerbob

· Registered
663 Posts
This should be about which scopes WONT hold up because I bet that list is shorter.

Or scopes that people had that did break on a mini.

Ive got a Nion M-223 2-8x32mm and it works perfectly on my mini. Couldnt be more happy ;)

· ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
I here the Ranch rifle is hard on scopes. Which one have you had the best luck with? How many rounds does it take to break one? THANKS!!!
which brand ? lmao just about every brand has one that does not, but anyway try swarovski or leupold

· Registered
8,460 Posts
So far I've used Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 and Simmons 4x32 shotgun scope. Both okay after several thousand rounds each.

Personally I think if you're worried about scope damage you should stay with a simple fixed power scope, and shotgun scopes should be built for recoil - I hope.

Best,
Grumpy

· Registered
32 Posts
I here the Ranch rifle is hard on scopes. Which one have you had the best luck with? How many rounds does it take to break one? THANKS!!!
I'd buy the scope that will best meet your needs. As long as it's from one of the major manufacturers I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

If you are looking at a forward mounted scope, you're talking a scout scope, pistol scope or shotgun scope. All of them (as long as they don't say "rimfire") should be designed to handle recoil at least as severe as the Mini's.

Even with a more traditional scope, most of them will stand up over the long haul. If you stay with any of the better brands they come with lifetime warranties (at least Leupold, Burris, even Hi-Lux and Simmons, probably a lot of the others). For the most part, from the comments I've read they seem to be pretty good about honoring them. Of course if the manufactureer is out of business you are SOL, bt we all know TANSTAAST.

· Registered
8,460 Posts
This is what I bought.

Several on here have told me it's too much scope for a mini 30 though, I don't know. I've only fired about 100 rounds with it so far. I'm using an accu-strut, haven't installed a recoil buffer yet.
'Dang! That's only a little more than I paid for my Nikon Prostaff - I should've shopped around online before laying out the $$. :(:(

Nice scope though.
Best,
Grumpy

· Registered
602 Posts
I am with the Nikon Prostaff crowd. Good tough scopes. Good optics for the money. One of the best deals out there IMO. Have one for my mini 30 and one on my 7mm mag. I am not easy on my guns, They are just a tool to me. My prostaffs have been beaten and knocked around in my truck and dropped on the ground and still hold 0.

· Registered
648 Posts
I use a centerpoint by crossman. It is a rifle scope built by an air rifle company. Takes a pounding in both directions. I have one on my .308 too. Both have hundreds of rounds without issue. The mini tried to eat a bushnell, but I got it off there in time and it is okay on my .223 bolt action. Centerpoint is cheap and good. My 4-16x40( on my .308) is perfect for looking into the woods at 250 yards before there's even enough light to see the branches with my naked eyes. If you have to go cheap, the 3-9x32 ar22 scope is the one i am using on the mini. the budget option if that's all you can afford...like me.

God Bless!

Ron

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.