Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been useing Federal Gold Metal target ammo in my 10/22 and getting some great results. What have you been useing?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am the only one that shoots? If you shoot and use ammo in your .22 LR please post, it is not hard and can not hurt you to post.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For general plinking and some hunting I go with the Remington Golden Bullet Hollow Point. I like the price of it and it has shot well for me. However when I want to get serious about **** hunting I get CCI Stingers, from what I have seen they pack more killing power than your average .22lr

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
I haven't shot a 22LR in over 2 years. Yikes! Whenever I go out, I shoot .223 the most.

·
Registered
139 Posts
CCI Stinger
CCI Green Tag
CCI Mini Mag
Remington Sub-Sonic
Remington Viper
Remington HV Shorts
Winchester SuperX

and several others, depending on the 10/22 used. Regards LTS

·
Registered
685 Posts
may sound funny but mine LOVES cci blazers 5 shots.36''(good day!)- .50 is the average though from 50 yds. you going to trial and error it to find what is good in your gun,have fun

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I use the Federal Gold Medal Ultramatch in my target 10-22. To see the actual rifle look in "My 10/22" posted by Bill. 10 shot......1 hole.

:sniper:

I've tried the Blazers in another 10-22 I have. That stuff is dirtier than my mind. BUT......what 22 round is really THAT clean?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am still dialing in my scope but the CCI Blazers seem to work well. I am getting a little over 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. I have bought several other brands to try out but I want to shoot a few hundred more of the cheap ones to get use to the feel of the rifle. Once I feel comfortable with the new rifle I will try them all and let you know the grouping. For now there is still too much of me in the group.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the late post, just discovered this BBS.

I agree with Mr. Lobo, my 10-22 with volquartsen bull bbl
shoots best with CCI Blazers. Second best is the Federal
"bulk pack" 37 grain copper plated HPs (available at
Wal-Mart).

Mr. Lobo said:
I am still dialing in my scope but the CCI Blazers seem to work well. I am getting a little over 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. I :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like Winchester SuperX or Wildcat.

Lately I have been shooting Remington Golden Bullet that stores near me always seem to have for sale (~$5 for 500rds). Feed problems occur during rapid followup shots.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm shooting a brick of Federal Classic and Winchester Super X for hunting. They compliment each other well as the point of impact is just about the same for both.:sniper:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just picked up a brick of Wolf ammo at a gun show. I will be buying more, they rock. I am able to get .3 inch 10 shot groups at 50 yards with my 10/22. I was unsure about them till I tryed them but now I am sold.

·
Registered
723 Posts
All of my .22s love the federal 36gr ammo but for plinking I usually use Rem yellow jacket. Seems to me the 10/22 isnt that picky.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My plain Jane 10/22 does pretty well with Federal Classic and Winchester Power Points. I've been getting 1.5" to 2" groups @ 100 yds with both. Bumped off a few parrie dogs out in Montana with the Power Points.

:rapid:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Overall, my vote goes for CCI Blazers. Very accurate but a bit dirty. After shooting 400 or so rounds, I noticed a bit of lead buildup but nothing that a good cleaning wouldn't take care of. In copper covered bullets, I like the CCI Mini-mags. CCI Stingers and Velocitors work great as well but are a bit more pricey as .22Lr goes. I've not had good luck with the bulk packs from Wal-Mart. The federal hollow points are junk in my opinion yet they work great through my friend's gun. I've also had decent luck with the Winchester wildcat. IMHO, I think that any CCI stuff is tough to beat.

Ram_Rod

:blink:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wolf Match - Great 22 ammo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts