Perfect Union banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Got it, and hell yeah. Now is not the time for casual halfassedness and mediocrity. Rant while you still can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. Another take on it as well:
Urban Dictionary
"If you ask them about personal defense, expect either half-assed answer about a shotgun loaded with birdshot, or just calling the Police."

I ask, what the hell is wrong with a shotgun loaded with birdshot for personal defense? Pretty damn effective in close quarters and hallways in my opinion... Anyone who disagrees with that statement has never entered my home uninvited.

The definition and term "FUDD" is degrading to gun owners in general. Now is not the time for division. Sport and target shooters are gun owners and voters who share common interests and goals.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Quite true ASGCO. A unified front will be necessary to overcome the unified front on the progressive's side. They've been at it for decades and are unfortunately very good at the game. I (obviously) had never heard the term FUDD before this evening. My point is that now is the time for passionate discourse with the other side, for if that does not work, the alternative is far less civilized. Bird shot in a HD shotgun? Mine has five 8s followed by two 00s. Wouldn't wanna be the wrong guy coming up my stairs either. Get loud. It may be now or never.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We all know the politician's of this country, could really care less about what we think. They will place vote’s (right or wrong) based on the all mighty $ or, to pay back for a favor. It hasn’t been about the people for a really long time. Most all are millionaire's and are so far disconnected from the people they represent, its sickening.

We can sit back and watch how things play out. Let the chips fall where they may. And when the dust settle’s, pick up the pieces, if there is any left and move on with life.

For me though, I would much rather take the time and write to the politician's of this country (even though they are not listening), expressing my concern’s about what is taking place. At least then, I can say I tried.

As Obama said at the beginning of his first four years. Change, change is coming. Well, its here....Hold on to your socks, its going to be a bumpy ass ride!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd like to point out something. I live in New York and we already have a 10 round magazine limit, (produced after Sep 14, 1994). Do you know what our illustrious Governor Cuomo said about gun control post Sandy Hook?

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Suggests Confiscation As Potential Gun Control Measure

It won't end with "reasonable" restrictions because there are none. Some people in power calling for this don't want ANY guns in the hands of free people. This idiot wants to make us think our Second amendment is for protecting hunting and sporting use. If you prefer, research Senator Feinstein's history it's along the same line.

I have contacted my state and federal representatives and made my opinion quite clear. What they are proposing with this new gun control legislation will not address the issue of these mass shootings. All it will do is make criminals out of previously law abiding free people.

Look, I can't put it more plainly than to say that the Constitution is not a list of permissions for what free men can do. It is a limit on what our government can do. We all have to decide what is our "line in the sand".

I will not stand idly by and let people who do not value others' right to self defense take it from them, (and yes that includes keeping and bearing whatever firearm a free person decides is necessary for the preservation of liberty).

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Dead on Extreme. A Patrick Henry moment is headed our way. Question is, how far is each of us willing to be pushed? Hussein Obama lurched the country to the left at a rate far faster than past progressives. I feel adequately prepared, but I don't see a network extensive enough to form a suitable resistance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I were the NRA I would simply state this.Do you like your life now,now imagine it after guns are taken away from the citizens and how this is would create the same chaos going on in other countries.We live in the age of terrorism and there is currently 300 million reasons why they do not bring that to our neighborhoods.If you value your life,freedom etc.Think before you give them up without looking at the consequences of doing so.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That would be a great point for the NRA to make Mini. I've read a lot of great ideas lately and I've read them in places where liberals, progressives, commies and all those on the other side have a chance to read them. What has me dismayed today is that even if my progressive Facebook buddies read and were swayed by my ideas, none of us appear to have any impact on our elected officials. Until we can sway the media, I don't see that we have a chance to change the political outcome. That's all the majority of our federal overlords care about and the media is lockstep with Hussein Obama, Feinstein and the rest of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dead on Extreme. A Patrick Henry moment is headed our way. Question is, how far is each of us willing to be pushed? Hussein Obama lurched the country to the left at a rate far faster than past progressives. I feel adequately prepared, but I don't see a network extensive enough to form a suitable resistance.
James Yeager's take on his line in the sand:

Please try to ignore the distractions in the background while viewing!

And another "worrying" take from NutnFancy:

61 - 78 of 78 Posts