Perfect Union banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 2nd amendment was not put in place to guarantee the people could hunt or target shoot. We can do both with bows and arrows. The 2nd amendment was put in place for all the reasons mentioned above. The current administration would love it, however, if, with the help of the media, the masses were convinced it was not about liberty from tyranny,but rather about recreation. Like every other issue, they are seeking to marginalize gun owners, thus making it easier to demonize them. We need to dance the dance in such a way that it doesn't make it easier to demonize us. Whether right or wrong, we need to stick to the issue at hand, which is a grab at or constitutional rights.

Keeping your guns in a safe is a great idea. We all should. And yes, 10 round magazines are more than enough for what I normally do. But lets put it this way:

What if they decided you had freedom of religion, unless you were Lutheran - after all, there's lots of other religions. Would you say, "that's okay-i can just be baptist?"

What if they decided you had a right to a fair and speedy trial, unless accused of a gun crime? Would you say, "that's okay-gun crimes are serious and shouldn't be handled like other crimes?"

You can apply this situation to any of the other rights. (Remember they are RIGHTS, not privilages)

Its a constitutional right and should be treated as such. Allowing this one to erode will lead to the erosion of the others.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
The ban that Feinstein is proposing is going to include any firearm, whether it be long gun or handgun that has a removeable mag and is capable of holding more than ten rounds. So yes, that includes the mini 14, it includes many of the Glock, Sig, Beretta, pretty much any pistol that has a double stack mag and believe it or not, the Ruger 10/22 will also fall into this criteria. It also specifically says any firearm with fixed magazine that can take more than 10 rounds so that pretty much covers most of your tube fed .22LRs as well. If it can hold more than ten rounds it will be banned if this psycho gun grabbing hypocrite who used to have a carry permit (and still has armed security) gets her way. And if the NFA registration is imposed, you will not be able to transport any of these firearms across state lines without the paperwork approved by the NFA which takes about 6-8 months to get now. Imagine how long that would take if you add millions of firearms and owners to the NFA registration rolls. Want to go over to the next state and attend that training camp? Start applying for your permit to transport about 2 years in advance.
Want to take your .22 along on a trip to your sisters house in the next state over for a little holiday squirrel hunting. Sorry. No can do.

They are also changing the criteria about "military features" like pistol grip, flash suppressor, barrel shroud? etc. from 2 to 1 so now if it has a removeable mag that will take "high cap" magazines it is an assault weapon. If it has a pistol grip it is an assault weapon. If it has a flash suppressor, it is an assault weapon. Not any combination of two of these features but, any one of these features.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/2...-dianne-feinstein-bill-sets-aim-at-gun-rights

·
Registered
32 Posts
The ban that Feinstein is proposing is going to include any firearm, whether it be long gun or handgun that has a removeable mag and is capable of holding more than ten rounds. So yes, that includes the mini 14, it includes many of the Glock, Sig, Beretta, pretty much any pistol that has a double stack mag and believe it or not, the Ruger 10/22 will also fall into this criteria. It also specifically says any firearm with fixed magazine that can take more than 10 rounds so that pretty much covers most of your tube fed .22LRs as well. If it can hold more than ten rounds it will be banned if this psycho gun grabbing hypocrite who used to have a carry permit (and still has armed security) gets her way. And if the NFA registration is imposed, you will not be able to transport any of these firearms across state lines without the paperwork approved by the NFA which takes about 6-8 months to get now. Imagine how long that would take if you add millions of firearms and owners to the NFA registration rolls. Want to go over to the next state and attend that training camp? Start applying for your permit to transport about 2 years in advance.
Want to take your .22 along on a trip to your sisters house in the next state over for a little holiday squirrel hunting. Sorry. No can do.

They are also changing the criteria about "military features" like pistol grip, flash suppressor, barrel shroud? etc. from 2 to 1 so now if it has a removeable mag that will take "high cap" magazines it is an assault weapon. If it has a pistol grip it is an assault weapon. If it has a flash suppressor, it is an assault weapon. Not any combination of two of these features but, any one of these features.
Assault Weapons Ban: Dianne Feinstein Bill Sets Aim At Gun Rights
Actually, I hope that they do throw weight behind Feinsteins bill, because it's so polarizing. Look at it this way, it would be like a Southern Republican Senator proposing legislation on abortion or gay marriage, or a Texas or Arizona Senator on immigration. I have no problem with those scenarios, but it comes across as biased.

So what I mean is, seeing Feinstein foaming at the gash and almost instantly proposing draconian blanket bans on everything in sight, including grandpa's semi auto hunting rifle and the bank managers Glock, with registration for all, is really *really* going to turn off middle American, middle of the road 'swing state' type voters.

To add insult to injury, this is law proposed by a senator from a dysfunctional state that is on the verge of bancruptcy and has some of the worse gun crime in the country and *already has* most of the laws she's proposing enshrined in the state. There have been two mass shootings since her 'AWB' took place (although clearly outlawing bullet buttons would have prevented them :rolleyes: ) the most recent in April right on her doorstep in the Bay Area

Timeline: Mass School Shootings in California | NBC Southern California

So the CCW carrying Feinstein, who denies that same right to her electorate, is a flaming, wild eyed, irrational gun control, nanny state politcal opportunist. If we have to have opponents, this is the person we ideally want as a figurehead if we want better popular support.

I just now wish, we could have an independant moderate to speak our side of the story to focus on three thrings:

1. Enforce existing laws
2. Close the gunshow loopholes (I agree with this)
3. Force states to comply with mental health reporting - per individual and per household. Which people and families have crazies under thier roofs with access to firearms?

Just my $0.10

·
Registered
317 Posts
I consider my self center-right on most political things. But this is sooo over the top that I truly believe it has no real chance of passing.
That does not mean we should not fight it tooth and toenail (are they banned?)
I support the Bill Of Rights... ALL of them.
Richard

·
Registered
118 Posts
What about "combat-style flash suppressors?" I had no idea before, but apparently guns are MUCH more dangerous if they are equipped with those. I've seen and heard that phrase in almost every article or story about the fire department shooting. It makes me wonder who came up with that description first, as it makes almost no sense. Why not say it had a "combat style sling mount" or "combat style carry handle?" Oh, that's right - because "flash suppressor" sounds dramatic, and people that have no idea what it is will associate it with something that "only the military should have."

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth...
Hey Mike, keep that crap in Kalifornia. I live in the freer part of America and I still expect my government to work for me. That may sound naive to those resigned to submission, but Thomas Jefferson's and Patrick Henry's words still ring loud in my ears. Bickering about rescinding W's reduction of the Clinton's tax rates (which you may know by the mainstream media's term "fiscal cliff")is about to end and that will let our Second Amendment rights take center stage. When that happens, we need a unified front, not acquiescence and resignation.

...but before that kid murdered...
The criminal wasn't a "kid" dammit. He was a 20 year old man. Don't fall for the media's propaganda. Didn't you learn from the Trayvon Martin case? The media parades out a junior high school picture and portrays anyone seeking justice as wanting to jail an innocent kid. Trayvon was going to beat someone to death. The criminal in Newtown wasn't anymore a kid than I am. Stop perpetuating that.

The second amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms....
No it doesn't. Read it again. The Second Amendment prohibits the federal government from making laws that infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms because they are essential to a free state. Is that not exactly what the ban purports to do? Get mad and speak up!

Look, it was fun preparing for the Zombie apocalypse, but come on, really… A new AWB will be in place sooner than later...
Do not resign your self to lost liberty. I see that this was your first post here at PerfectUnion and I hope you are not a progressive plant posting here to soften the blow. Now is not the time to bend over and take it. If that time arrives, we will each have to weigh Patrick Henry's immortal words and decide upon which direction we can live. Until that time arrives, we must fight in the arena of word and ideas for if we lose there, the next battle will be quite uncivilized. My safe is stocked not so that I can fight, but so that I can avoid the fight. Should that day arrive however, I will be prepared.

I am a card carrying member of the NRA, and a military veteran...
Yes, this quote is out of order. As a veteran you earn a special level of respect, especially from me. As a teenager asking about the election of Jimmy Carter, my Dad told me that if I was lucky, I'd miss the draft. I wasn't drafted and I grew up not serving. To those who did I am forever indebted. Retirement or discharge may excuse you from fighting to uphold the Constitution, but I plead with you to not stand in the way of those now trying to defend it and the liberties it guarantees the citizens of these united states.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Mike, keep that crap in Kalifornia. I live in the freer part of America and I still expect my government to work for me. That may sound naive to those resigned to submission, but Thomas Jefferson's and Patrick Henry's words still ring loud in my ears. Bickering about rescinding W's reduction of the Clinton's tax rates (which you may know by the mainstream media's term "fiscal cliff")is about to end and that will let our Second Amendment rights take center stage. When that happens, we need a unified front, not acquiescence and resignation.

The criminal wasn't a "kid" dammit. He was a 20 year old man. Don't fall for the media's propaganda. Didn't you learn from the Trayvon Martin case? The media parades out a junior high school picture and portrays anyone seeking justice as wanting to jail an innocent kid. Trayvon was going to beat someone to death. The criminal in Newtown wasn't anymore a kid than I am. Stop perpetuating that.

No it doesn't. Read it again. The Second Amendment prohibits the federal government from making laws that infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms because they are essential to a free state. Is that not exactly what the ban purports to do? Get mad and speak up!

Do not resign your self to lost liberty. I see that this was your first post here at PerfectUnion and I hope you are not a progressive plant posting here to soften the blow. Now is not the time to bend over and take it. If that time arrives, we will each have to weigh Patrick Henry's immortal words and decide upon which direction we can live. Until that time arrives, we must fight in the arena of word and ideas for if we lose there, the next battle will be quite uncivilized. My safe is stocked not so that I can fight, but so that I can avoid the fight. Should that day arrive however, I will be prepared.

Yes, this quote is out of order. As a veteran you earn a special level of respect, especially from me. As a teenager asking about the election of Jimmy Carter, my Dad told me that if I was lucky, I'd miss the draft. I wasn't drafted and I grew up not serving. To those who did I am forever indebted. Retirement or discharge may excuse you from fighting to uphold the Constitution, but I plead with you to not stand in the way of those now trying to defend it and the liberties it guarantees the citizens of these united states.
Bravo! Bravo!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Okay guys, here. This link will take you straight to a page, all you have to do is fill out your name and address, and once you click send. It will automatically send a e-mail/letter to Obama, and all of your local representatives. It really does work. Please I implore you now is not the time to be afraid to fill out a little bit of a form, the more of this that we get out the better chance we have of beating this dang thing you should also it, spread it to as many forms as possible as fast as possible Congress.org - Get informed, get involved

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The congress.org site looks like it would do the trick. I used to use freedomworks.org. They package the process and make it very easy. The site is promoted by Beck so in my mind that gives it enough credibility to be above the overt spam and malware sites you know are out there. Point is, now is the time to put your thoughts into action to protect your future before it's too late.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The congress.org site looks like it would do the trick. I used to use freedomworks.org. They package the process and make it very easy. The site is promoted by Beck so in my mind that gives it enough credibility to be above the overt spam and malware sites you know are out there. Point is, now is the time to put your thoughts into action to protect your future before it's too late.
Whoa! Serious self-edit. Truth is I used to use website assisted tools to write letters, but after a while I found it was productive to combine traditional e-mails with traditional paper letters signed in blue ink and mailed through the snail-mail. It's been a while since I've done anything with Freedomworks other than read their e-mail updates.

If you're just getting in to writing to your representatives, then website tools are a great way to get the hang of it. In this case however, I see that Freedomworks has dumped Second Amendment issues altogether. Didn't find a single one after making the post above. Consequently I'm dropping them like a stone.

I can think of no excuse for Freedomworks to abandon the Second Amendment, but our country is facing landmark changes and no excuses can be tolerated. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay guys, here. This link will take you straight to a page, all you have to do is fill out your name and address, and once you click send. It will automatically send a e-mail/letter to Obama, and all of your local representatives. It really does work. Please I implore you now is not the time to be afraid to fill out a little bit of a form, the more of this that we get out the better chance we have of beating this dang thing you should also it, spread it to as many forms as possible as fast as possible Congress.org - Get informed, get involved
DawgStar are you Sirius???? Yuk yuk yuk....how about a little levity to start off 2013?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
What is there to celebrate PR? We are headed full speed into a world of ****. The Dawg is right. Speak now or forever hold your peace. You think Hussein Obama and his progressive minions will poke around and let the passion subside? Doubt it. Recall the Godfather's ideology of never let a good crisis go to waste. Now's the time guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What is there to celebrate PR? We are headed full speed into a world of ****. The Dawg is right. Speak now or forever hold your peace. You think Hussein Obama and his progressive minions will poke around and let the passion subside? Doubt it. Recall the Godfather's ideology of never let a good crisis go to waste. Now's the time guys.
Sorry perhaps my pun isn't obvious. From Wikipedia:

"Sirius is also known colloquially as the "Dog Star", reflecting its prominence in its constellation, Canis Major (Greater Dog).[12] The heliacal rising of Sirius marked the flooding of the Nile in Ancient Egypt and the "dog days" of summer for the ancient Greeks, while to the Polynesians it marked winter and was an important star for navigation around the Pacific Ocean."

·
Registered
185 Posts
PR, you are the first person that has ever got that,DawgStar was what the Cherokee used to call the North Star , serious! But this is got me so fired up that even I overlooked that! Until it was pointed out so blatantly as him. The dog is right. LOL. But seriously guys spread this link around as much as you possibly can get as many people to sign it. This is one of the best tools in our arsenal. We must take full advantage of it!!! Thanks for signing!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nutnfancy is polarizing for some (can't understand why), but he is absolutely right on target about progressives and their efforts to control us through this gun ban. We are wading neck deep into the next phase of this battle. Spend an hour watching this video and spread the word.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts