Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Welcome Hal, If ya get a chance, read some of these past forums for discussions of different mags, and their reliability. I have 2- 20rdrs, and 2- 30 rds westerns, I have only goten to fire with 1- 20 rdr. It worked fine except 1 st rd. jamed when I loaded 20 rds. When I put 18 rds in it it never failed. The other 3 work manually. Haven't got to fire them yet. I also have 2- 30 rd PMI's they seem to work fine. I think the cheep mags are a crap shoot---either their crap, or they shoot. I read of one guy that took the spring and replaced it with an AR 15 spring, and it worked fine. You might try www.fourfourmag.com. All their mags are guranteed to work. I'm going to order some of their 10 rds, as they look well made, with the plastic cover on the bottem just like ruger, except no bird.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The first hi-cap I bought for my mini was a western 30 round mag. It did work fine for a while but then it started jamming and falling out of my gun. They are made of really thin metal and the feed lips bent out of place after some use. I would stay away from western but thats just my experience and opinion. If I was going to start buying mags all over again I would stick to PMI/Federal Ordnance, John Masen, or factory Ruger mags. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.