Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· hostilenativelibertarian.
7,889 Posts
;)If the federal lawbreakers in congress would ever get done with F'n around with the 2A-then the ammo prices would come down!Until then you"d better learn to roll your own-or suffer at the hands of the "roadmen"!:huh:

· Registered
367 Posts
;)If the federal lawbreakers in congress would ever get done with F'n around with the 2A-then the ammo prices would come down!Until then you"d better learn to roll your own-or suffer at the hands of the "roadmen"!:huh:
Yeah the 2A panic is the latest but the this price increase/ scarcity nonsense has been around since 2003 as previously stated.
First it was the Wars then it was those pro growth Chinese and Indiansuses all the metals.
I'd say both are BS!
We had/have been in a world wide recession since 2006 and the war effort has been in wind down mode for a while now.
No doubt the fear mongers haven't helped but why shouldn't ammo return to 2000 levels when the contrived panic is over? Maybe less competition and supply manipulators are responsible.

In a perfect capitalistic system new entries would fill the void...Where are they?
I hate being used!

7,889 Posts
;)Things can and possibly return to normal when all of this anti 2A goes down in flames-and everyone of us shooters need to get on the phone,email,fax,or send pony express to all legislators,and polititions,and let them know where you/we stand on the gun control issues-or else ammo prices will always be high from us and the government preparing for the 2nd civil war.As an aside or an example tho -I bought 5.56 two years ago newly manufactured in a 30cal military ammo can on stripperclips,package 3strippers per paper envelope,M855-62grain green tip,federal cartridge corp,420rd box-for 120.00$and there were a couple of pallets just in this one store.This particular chain has stores all over the PNW.Evidently federal neede to get rid of some overstock of its own and did'nt have any gov't contracts to fill at the time!:lol:

· Registered
367 Posts
;)Things can and possibly return to normal when all of this anti 2A goes down in flames-and everyone of us shooters need to get on the phone,email,fax,or send pony express to all legislators,and polititions,and let them know where you/we stand on the gun control issues-or else ammo prices will always be high from us and the government preparing for the 2nd civil war.As an aside or an example tho -I bought 5.56 two years ago newly manufactured in a 30cal military ammo can on stripperclips,package 3strippers per paper envelope,M855-62grain green tip,federal cartridge corp,420rd box-for 120.00$and there were a couple of pallets just in this one store.This particular chain has stores all over the PNW.Evidently federal neede to get rid of some overstock of its own and did'nt have any gov't contracts to fill at the time!:lol:
I disagree! We had an ENACTED weapons ban in 1994 and most prices didn't double, triple or worse, like they did in 2000-2003. We had historic prices increases just as the ban was "sunseting" in 2004. Having prices return to 2011 levels is certainly no bargain.
I understand the passion on the 2A but there's way more going on here than the rent!
Is your favorite ammo company pro 2A first or pro profits first...They may not be one in the same.
My experiences tells me profits trump all else!:(
Fewer ammo sources, that is, control of the supply, is as much the problem in the long run as 2A panic blips in any given year.
At this point it appears SOME shooters are our worst enemies.

How many young people won't become avid shooter's because it's cost prohibitive? How many existing shooters have found other pursuits and set their guns aside opting for more affordable activities?
If it's a "blip" the effects won't be far reaching but if it's something other than that then our numbers will dwindle with the same amount of ammo being consumed by less shooters willing to spend ridiculous amounts on something so historically price stable as ammo.
JMHO

7,889 Posts
;)I look at it this way-my ammo is my ammo.I went out of my way to sacrifice for it pre all of the obama induced crap.It is there for my benefit to dispose of for my well being.I'm not going to give it to a few rag tag people who would probably use it to get TP when they run out,and I'm not going to use it to train others with at the risk of being without.People who did'nt prepare even as far back as klinton get whatever happens to them.It's part of darwinism.If people wish to be trained then they had better get bb,or pellet guns because they are quiet,and inexpensive to practice with.Once that they get the fundamentals down then they can progress on to something that makes more noise.Our gunstores have plenty of "hunting style"bolt action rifles-and ammo for the magnums is still to be found.If they cannot afford to get them now-I suggest that they make sacrifices like I had to and either go deeper into debt,or sell that 70"big screen that they could'nt live without!If this crap comes to a head-certain people will live-others not! I can only hope to protect me and mine and that includes my neighbors-most of whom have prepped before also.Does this sound stingy,isolationist? You bet your a$$! And we will have electricity and water too should we survive!This ain't about to be pretty!

· Registered
367 Posts
;)I look at it this way-my ammo is my ammo.I went out of my way to sacrifice for it pre all of the obama induced crap.It is there for my benefit to dispose of for my well being.I'm not going to give it to a few rag tag people who would probably use it to get TP when they run out,and I'm not going to use it to train others with at the risk of being without.People who did'nt prepare even as far back as klinton get whatever happens to them.It's part of darwinism.If people wish to be trained then they had better get bb,or pellet guns because they are quiet,and inexpensive to practice with.Once that they get the fundamentals down then they can progress on to something that makes more noise.Our gunstores have plenty of "hunting style"bolt action rifles-and ammo for the magnums is still to be found.If they cannot afford to get them now-I suggest that they make sacrifices like I had to and either go deeper into debt,or sell that 70"big screen that they could'nt live without!If this crap comes to a head-certain people will live-others not! I can only hope to protect me and mine and that includes my neighbors-most of whom have prepped before also.Does this sound stingy,isolationist? You bet your a$$! And we will have electricity and water too should we survive!This ain't about to be pretty!
Not a complex concept ....there's strength in numbers and the more who participate in the shooting sports the stronger and better for all of us. I don't know about 70" screens and some of the other abstractions and references stated, ie klinton, obama induced, training, darwinism, but for the good of all and enjoyment of guns we all better hope it doesn't become cost prohibitive for the traditional shooter to simply opt for a brick of shells for some good old plinkin'. Our numbers are dwindling enough without help!!!!:(
The shooting community is not limited to "survivalist"," isolationist" and as stated the "stingy". But one thing's clear we all have our own view on this situation and we'll all deal with it in our own ways!
BTW, I noticed there was no references to the most outrageous and long lasting price increases ever which were in 2000-2004. No darwin, no klinton ,no obama, no 70 inchers, no trainers, no extraordinary 2A threats. hmmm.
Seems like a lot of things went woowee back then.:(

7,889 Posts
:lol: Y2K 2000 people start to prep/hoard ammo/stuff,Klinton in whitehouse till jan 2001,911-sept 2001,people get nervous about 911 disaster/tradgedy start to buy up all kinds of stuff because afraid of martial law/war(if you'll remember that's when fuel took it's biggest price hike the first time)2004-people were relieved that war in iraq was going well-some prices dropped till 2008 when obama was running for office,fuel prices came down a little then guns and ammo went crazy because of obamas anti 2A track record-people were afraid of his political stances and ideas,the rest you probably know<_<

· Registered
367 Posts
:lol: Y2K 2000 people start to prep/hoard ammo/stuff,Klinton in whitehouse till jan 2001,911-sept 2001,people get nervous about 911 disaster/tradgedy start to buy up all kinds of stuff because afraid of martial law/war(if you'll remember that's when fuel took it's biggest price hike the first time)2004-people were relieved that war in iraq was going well-some prices dropped till 2008 when obama was running for office,fuel prices came down a little then guns and ammo went crazy because of obamas anti 2A track record-people were afraid of his political stances and ideas,the rest you probably know<_<
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Except: Y2K has never been an explanation for the prices increases of the 2000's. Simply a very short blip! Clinton's thumb print was long gone when prices increased. 911 was never an explanation for price increases. By October of 2001 the stock market regained losses and prices of most goods were restored . ...In 2004 the Iraqi War was going anywhere but good in 2004:(
The truth of the matter is 2000-2008 were the years that middle class and average Americans were economically raped by companies who had carte blanch via an administration who was pro deregulation. It brought us the biggest economic disaster since the great depression.

There's not much longing for a return to those times by most Americans
History won't be kind to these badboys!
Regardless of political affiliation...incompetence is incompetence!

So explaining the price rise without including these half wits runs short on credibility!

It's fun to attribute all the world evils to one guy opr party but it's much more complicated than that.

7,889 Posts
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Except: Y2K has never been an explanation for the prices increases of the 2000's. Simply a very short blip! Clinton's thumb print was long gone when prices increased. 911 was never an explanation for price increases. By October of 2001 the stock market regained losses and prices of most goods were restored . ...In 2004 the Iraqi War was going anywhere but good in 2004:(
The truth of the matter is 2000-2008 were the years that middle class and average Americans were economically raped by companies who had carte blanch via an administration who was pro deregulation. It brought us the biggest economic disaster since the great depression.

There's not much longing for a return to those times by most Americans
History won't be kind to these badboys!
Regardless of political affiliation...incompetence is incompetence!

So explaining the price rise without including these half wits runs short on credibility!

It's fun to attribute all the world evils to one guy opr party but it's much more complicated than that.
:rolleyes:I guess you need to be able to read first and then be able to comprehend-reread my last post!Slowly this time!Think about it!You are starting to sound like any other troll that has only been here a short time.If that is the persona you wish to project then just keep at it and the rest of the board will be along shortly from no invitation from me-they can just "smell" this kind of stuff!I can remember those times-Y2k,I prepped,911-I prepped,sat on my laurels from2004-2008,not really prepping,obama on ballet-I prepped my a$$ off,2012 ditto to 2008!Don't need your input for my own history!<_<

· Registered
367 Posts
:rolleyes:I guess you need to be able to read first and then be able to comprehend-reread my last post!Slowly this time!Think about it!You are starting to sound like any other troll that has only been here a short time.If that is the persona you wish to project then just keep at it and the rest of the board will be along shortly from no invitation from me-they can just "smell" this kind of stuff!I can remember those times-Y2k,I prepped,911-I prepped,sat on my laurels from2004-2008,not really prepping,obama on ballet-I prepped my a$$ off,2012 ditto to 2008!Don't need your input for my own history!<_<
Name calling, intolerance to others opinions and posse gathering isn't going to help lower prices. This is about what's really behind the long term price increases not who's hiding behind your door. It shouldn't be so difficult to accept a bonafide difference of opinion on cause.
After all, it effects all here one way or another...sooner or later.
Cheer up............ things may get worse!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.