Perfect Union banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was recently asked, by a poster on ar15.com, if this forum was reasonably tolerant of new members, asking questions He had some doubts, from his prior experiences here. I told him to join the forum, and do some searching before posting his questions. Common sense, really, but I advised him that some posters here were a little intolerant of newcomers.

i believe this forum to have many decent Members who are very willing to help newcomers, but unfortunately this forum also has some Members who are quick to find fault, and slow to help.
I learned from other forums just come in swinging...the same type of people are on every forum for any subject..have a thick skin and ignore the ones that try and start schit, or just give it right back to them...I consider it entertainment from the ones trying to give grief...

·
Formerly "raf"
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Being genuinely polite costs nothing, and builds respect. I never lost any sort of internet or hand fight when I defended myself while waiting for the opponent to exhaust himself, or make an error.

We all have our own style. I hope our personal styles are not needlessly offensive to newcomers. In some cases, I regret to say that it might be so.

But, to be fair, this is a subject for a different thread. Let's get back on-topic, please.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I was recently asked, by a poster on ar15.com, if this forum was reasonably tolerant of new members, asking questions. He had some doubts, from his prior experiences here. I told him to join the forum, and do some searching before posting his questions. Common sense, really, but I advised him that some posters here were a little intolerant of newcomers, and to have a thick skin.

i believe this forum to have many decent Members who are very willing to help newcomers, but unfortunately this forum also has some Members who are quick to find fault, and slow to help.

IMHO, and meaning no offense, our forum Moderator could possibly do a better job than currently done.
I for one don't want a lot of moderation. Some moderators turn into little dictators. The other option is to not fall for their bait. Some people love to stir the pot. Don't feed the trolls.
kwg

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I would have so much more respect for my political opponents if they would just man up and say what they really want- That they are afraid of 200+ million AMERICANS owning firearms, and it interferes with their plans of subjugation and domination.
When "they" come for your guns, return fire first.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
The best way to mod your Mini is to never give up fighting for your right to keep it. RIBob you have your work cut out for you. You are surrounded by liberals on all sides. Our governor just signed a new law that recognizes the right to carry concealed without a permit. We were a "May Issue" State. Then a "Shall Issue" State and now we are going to be a "no permit required" State.

Liberalism is dying and the democrats know it. That is why they cheated in the last election and why they are fighting so hard to ram their agenda through. Starting in 1977 we had to go to the local sheriff just to get permission to buy a hand gun. It was a case of democrat liberals running the State. Now we have finally reversed that. It is possible.

But, now is not the time to gloat. This has been a long battle and the last thing we want is to motivate the left to start all over and bring back the politicians of 1977. Be humble in the victory. Don't shove your demand to carry or even own in their faces. Silently go about keeping what we should of had all along. Good luck RIBob and keep up the good fight. That is how you mod a MIni.

kwg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Give me your ammo stash because I'm going down swinging or we win. Either way, the bully is coming.
Im afraid you are right....the demtards are fighting for their lives along with a bunch of rinos....they know if Trump stayed or gets back in..most would end up in jail or worse...it was a " nothing to lose" scenario for them to steal the election..if they lost they go to jail, if they got caught cheating, same thing..so far they think they got away with stealing the election to a point..but there is a reason 20,000 natonal guard and lots of barriers and walls remain in washington dc...they are scared..very scared...

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Give me your ammo stash because I'm going down swinging or we win. Either way, the bully is coming.
How about I join you, and we make a stand for our country?

·
Formerly "raf"
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
I am so down with that brother!
Personally, just modifying firearms so they do NOT come under proposed firearms laws here in RI.

I prefer to (reversibly) alter my firearms so they are beyond, and NOT subject to proposed RI laws, and so not subject to scrutiny under proposed RI laws. Proposed RI Laws are the worst proposed laws in the nation. NO grandfathering.NO mags over 10 rds, and NO grandfathering for mags exceeding 10 rds; The list goes on, and gets worse. Any sort of a mag of any capacity with a replaceable baseplate? Pistol/rifle: Banned.

Some of you folks may not understand what we here in little RI are facing. Prayers and help requested. See RIFOL website:Rhode Island Firearms Owners League

We are fighting hard, but your e-mails and prayers are welcome!

I understand that many folks here are Patriots. Saying things on the internet is one thing. Fighting against Progressives over the decades is another thing. We folks here in RI have been doing so for a long time; decades. I don't think I have anything for which to apologize.

I, and many others, are actively fighting against some of the WORST, most restrictive State-imposed firearms laws in the Nation. I have actively engaged in this fight before 1994, and since then.

Before you condemn me, and other RI firearms owners fighting HARD, please think again.

All this is likely coming to YOU in the near future. Be warned.

We here in RI will either win, or go down fighting, as the last NE State without radical firearms laws.

We can use your prayers, and donations to RIFOL, linked above, as you see fit.

Every donation, and respectful e-mail in our support is most welcome!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
None of us out here in fly over country envy you RIBob. Our State legislature and the Governor just went further right this last week. I truly believe liberalism is dying. But, the democRATs are trying real hard to push through their leftist agenda. I would like to think the movement to the right is going to catch up with you but maybe not in time. I truly believe many Americans are sick and tired of the left leaning politicos and if they (we) can get a fair and honest election we can save America.
kwg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am new here; so please excuse me if I speak out of turn. But I have read a bit through this thread and just wanted to note a couple things.

Seems some folks here are generalizing and demonizing. Both Democrat and Republican politicians have wedge issues they use to divide us. Both must rile up their bases and play to special interests to drum up the capital needed to finance their political survival. Ultimately, I don't think we come to understanding by allowing political elites on either side of the ideological spectrum to drive us apart.

Just send reasoned letters to folks on either side when you disagree. Explain to them your point of view. Find policy items you agree with to establish common ground. When they see that elements of the electorate like some of what they say but not all of it, they may move to the center on some things. Why? Because they want your vote. The more folks that do that rather than flocking to whoever supports their single issue, the more people can get politicians to get to the sensible center.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Sorry but you do not get any change.
If HR1 becomes law your vote will not count what then.
A lot of votes in the last election should have been scrutinized
more closely.
From your picture you are a bot?
I do not recognize that one..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see, "more votes should have been scrutinized" and "I'm a bot." Alright boys, lets all get out our tin foil hats.

One thing I'll say is the last time I went to the range, one fellow was remarking on how a "civil war is coming." He made various snide remarks about our Vice President since she was a woman of color and he made fun our President's age. I stated as I always do: I don't think there will be some massive upheaval. We will not be driven against eachother. There are no end times coming any time soon. If COVID didn't do it, some law won't either. I am sure that most folks in Washington are ultimately reasonable people. They are just in a job where they need to appease various interests.

Ultimately, the more unreasonable we are, the crazier our leaders become. So we should watch ourselves and how we relate to our fellow Americans.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I see, "more votes should have been scrutinized" and "I'm a bot." Alright boys, lets all get out our tin foil hats.

One thing I'll say is the last time I went to the range, one fellow was remarking on how a "civil war is coming." He made various snide remarks about our Vice President since she was a woman of color and he made fun our President's age. I stated as I always do: I don't think there will be some massive upheaval. We will not be driven against eachother. There are no end times coming any time soon. If COVID didn't do it, some law won't either. I am sure that most folks in Washington are ultimately reasonable people. They are just in a job where they need to appease various interests.

Ultimately, the more unreasonable we are, the crazier our leaders become. So we should watch ourselves and how we relate to our fellow Americans.
unfortunately I have to disagree...I cant remember the last time the world was in this condition with the same civil unrest in their streets..I feel bad times are coming..no im not a war monger or debbie downer..but if you cant see whats going on and read between the lines..but you already showed your hand with the tin foil hats....todays conspiracy theory is next weeks truth...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey man, we'll see. I don't buy into that sorta thing. In the same way that I tell my friends on the Left that gun violence is 30%+ percent lower now than it was in the 90s, I remind my friends on the Right that the only folks that have stormed the Capitol and smeared poop on the walls were extremist reactionaries.

The closest we came in this country to the sort of widespread political turmoil seen prior to the Civil War was the late 60s and early 70s. We don't have Nixon and the Weather Underground anymore. Most people agree on most things. We have similar lifestyles. We listen to similar music. We are more connected than ever before. The only reason we disagree is because a few politicians in Washington drum up reasons to divide us to get votes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey man, we'll see. I don't buy into that sorta thing. In the same way that I tell my friends on the Left that gun violence is 30%+ percent lower now than it was in the 90s, I remind my friends on the Right that the only folks that have stormed the Capitol and smeared poop on the walls were extremist reactionaries.

The closest we came in this country to the sort of widespread political turmoil seen prior to the Civil War was the late 60s and early 70s. We don't have Nixon and the Weather Underground anymore. Most people agree on most things. We have similar lifestyles. We listen to similar music. We are more connected than ever before. The only reason we disagree is because a few politicians in Washington drum up reasons to divide us to get votes.
there were lots of blm/antifa at the capital, but non were arrested...only Trump supporters....everyone is semi free for now to believe what they want....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure man, sure.

This kind of one issue politics leads folks down a rabbit hole that I simply do not wish to explore.

Take it easy, folks.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

Sorry, but you could not be more wrong.. I don't believe in murdering babies, opening up our country for illegals, drug runners, and terrorists, taxing everyone to the point of poverty, Giving "special" rights due to skin color, sexual perversions, or inability to decipher what sexual organs you have, My lifestyle would horrify most progressives; I'm not on facebook, twitter, or any other social media nonsense, I don't go to starbucks, and I do not worship at the altar of climate change, social justice, or transgender intersectionality. Hell, I don't even have a computer in my house, nor will I allow one.
I believe in the Bible, the Constitution, and the principals of our founding fathers.
I shoot on a regular basis, to keep my skillset very high, and I do believe there is a civil war/balkanization/fragmentation of our country coming, perhaps in my lifetime.
The main difference is, I will likely survive it, as well as my family and "friends", because we have prepared for it, trained for it, and most of us have served in sh1thole foreign countries, so we know what it looks like when it happens,.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,122 Posts
there were lots of blm/antifa at the capital, but non were arrested...only Trump supporters....
Yes, Antifa and BLM had a secret code word so they didn't get arrested.

:D

61 - 80 of 97 Posts