Perfect Union banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
You can suggest all you want.

Make a post that consists only of ugly and offensive namecalling and somebody might just tell you about it.

That's the way the world works.
Well you sure do worry a lot about other's behavior on this forum. If I get a traffic ticket tomorrow are you gonna pay it for me? Anything that happens to ME on this forum is MY responsibility & not yours. Real conservatives take responsibility for their actions & are usually willing to pay the consequences of such.

What we don't need here is a self appointed nanny.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,122 Posts
Well you sure do worry a lot about other's behavior on this forum. If I get a traffic ticket tomorrow are you gonna pay it for me? Anything that happens to ME on this forum is MY responsibility & not yours. Real conservatives take responsibility for their actions & are usually willing to pay the consequences of such.

What we don't need here is a self appointed nanny.
Due to the fact that people are leaving the Forum in droves........I'd say we need a bunch of nannies.

When a few kids are spoiling the Forum for everybody with their ugly insults and namecalling.......it's time for Forum members to speak up.

Nanny is maybe not nearly enough when the problems include racist, bigoted and homophobic posts besides ridiculous and childish insults.......there are entire threads here that are mostly childish insults.

Somebody needs to speak up. Maybe with better behavior a dying Forum can be saved.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Maybe you should stop fretting over something you have absolutely no control over. If this forum dies...then it DIES. There are dozens of others you can join....OR if that doesn't work for you then start your own utopic gun forum where there will be no hatred or disagreements & everyone will live happily ever after.

·
Formerly "raf"
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
You can suggest all you want.

Make a post that consists only of ugly and offensive namecalling and somebody might just tell you about it.

That's the way the world works.
Some folks have taken this thread far beyond my original purpose, which was to avoid one's firearm being subject to possible State/Fed Laws in the first place. There are many means to mod one's semi-auto firearm to >>possibly<< comply with future Stare/Fed laws.

In the event such Laws are enacted, we should be aware of means to legally circumvent such laws. BTDT with the 1994 AWB Fed law.

Some folks decry such mods as complying with illicit dictates. I understand. Other folks consider such mods as an alternative to registration or confiscation. Given reversible mods, am on that side.

I have taken pains to be able to mod my existing firearms in such a way that they do NOT require registration or confiscation, because my modded firearms do not meet the letter of the law. These mods are reversible, if need be, but meet the letter of the law. I can still keep my M1A or Mini, with careful mods, without coming under State/Fed laws.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, and some laws are avoidable, if one has some ingenuity.

The proposed RI gun Laws are some of the most stringent in the US, bar none. Proposed RI laws make CA and NY laws look lenient. I have read the laws, and am seeking reasonable, reversible ways to avoid such laws.

I, and many others have fought against such Laws for decades. I pray for our success in defeating these bills, but am preparing for possible defeat, if it comes. We are still fighting hard, and prayers are most welcome!

Always have a Plan "B".

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,122 Posts
Maybe you should stop fretting over something you have absolutely no control over. If this forum dies...then it DIES. There are dozens of others you can join....OR if that doesn't work for you then start your own utopic gun forum where there will be no hatred or disagreements & everyone will live happily ever after.
Maybe you should stop obsessing about me.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,122 Posts
Some folks have taken this thread far beyond my original purpose, which was to avoid one's firearm being subject to possible State/Fed Laws in the first place. There are many means to mod one's semi-auto firearm to >>possibly<< comply with future Stare/Fed laws. In the event such Laws are enacted, we should be aware of means to legally circumvent such laws

Some folks decry such mods as complying with illicit dictates. I understand. Other folks consider such mods as an alternative to registration or confiscation.

I have taken pains to be able to mod my existing firearms in such a way that they do NOT require registration or confiscation, because my modded firearms do not meet the letter of the law. These mods are reversible, if need be, but meet the letter of the law.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, and some laws are avoidable, if one has some ingenuity.

The proposed RI gun Laws are some of the most stringent in the US, bar none. I have read the laws, and am seeking reasonable, reversible ways to avoid such laws.

I, and many others have fought against such Laws for decades. I pray for our success in defeating these bills, but am preparing for possible defeat, if it comes. We are still fighting hard, and prayers are most welcome!

Always have a Plan "B".
Ok, I'll bite.

How do I modify this rifle to make the gun-haters happy?

·
Formerly "raf"
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Not sure what your State laws allow, so just guessing.

Find a way to delete flash suppressor/ threaded barrel, both of which are "Evil Features" these days. Easiest/cheapest way way is to cut off threaded portion of barrel, and re-crown the barrel.

In the case of proposed, extremely draconian RI firearms laws, you might need to cut-off the "lever"' on the mag release device, and so make the "specified capacity" magazine more-or-less permanently installed. The work-around to this is to install a top-loading device, such as offered by Cogburn Arsenal, and load the (presumably legal) 10-rd mag from the top, like an SKS This actually works, given a good magazine. Tested it myself.

Don't take me wrong; I dislike saying this.

The "Gun-Haters" will never go away, so such mods are merely a reversible modification to comply with existing laws until such laws are revised in the future, hopefully for the better. In the meantime, you might not have to register your firearm, nor risk it being confiscated.

I understand some folks will dislike this approach, and will criticize me.

I look forward to constructive suggestions from such folks. During the last decades, I, and many others here in RI have held out as the only NE State without any sort of AWB.

Instead of personal criticism. Please Pray for our cause. We are doing all we can, and need your help.

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,122 Posts
Not sure what your State laws allow, so just guessing.

Find a way to delete flash suppressor/ threaded barrel, both of which are "Evil Features" these days. Easiest/cheapest way way is to cut off threaded portion of barrel, and re-crown the barrel.

Don't take me wrong; I dislike saying this.

The "Gun-Haters" will never go away, so such mods are merely a modification to comply with existing laws until such laws are revised in the future, hopefully for the better.
Thanks, but it's a 16 inch barrel.

:)

I suspect I would have to get a whole new barrel.

That's ok.

Damned thing is too loud now anyway. I'd put a 20 inch and heavier barrel on it.

However........I will wait. I still have a state Senate that can stop the gun haters and I do not believe any National restrictions will happen and even if they did I feel the Supreme Court would declare them unconstitutional.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Yep! And our guns are MUCH prettier than the horse face women that push the anti gun legislation too. Skanky Piglosi, Dying Skagstein, Cumallah Harrya$$. All horse face skanks.
I won't disagree with your list of leftist anarchists but to keep the conversation civil I would of left out the word horse face. Horses don't need that type of negative recognition.
kwg

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Well in all honesty they will be bigger felons than me. I'm the only one that doesn't own a AR-15. My Kid has got a Spikes Tactical, all other immediate family have tricked out AR's, and the old hag left me a long time ago. Plus do you have any idea how long it has taken me to get THIS? View attachment 63754

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS
Nice Mini Jim.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Trying to make yourself less offensive to the people that want you ground firmly under their heel doesn't work. At minimum make them have to take you to court. Weakness invites bullying.
There's really no way a gun-owner can make his or her weapons "acceptable" to the PC puritans. Even if someone turned 'em all in and gave a sobbing apology for "endangering the community by having owned guns" it won't be enough for 'em. Ever see the way the leftards treat cucks that apologize for having been born white? Treat 'em like dirt, that's how.

**** the bastards. Ain't no appeasing 'em and ain't no good to come from trying.

Grumpy
PS That's a sweet lookin' Mini J.T. Kirk. Very nice, glad to hear you ain't gonna castrate it in a failed attempt to make some leftist maggot happy.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I won't disagree with your list of leftist anarchists but to keep the conversation civil I would of left out the word horse face. Horses don't need that type of negative recognition.
kwg
My extreme apologies to all the horses out there for DEEPLY insulting them by likening their faces to those "humans" in politics who make them look beautiful. 😁😜🤣

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just scanned that list of ‘assault rifles’, and Hi Point carbines are on it.

so how exactly is a 9mm fixed stock carbine that’s only available with 10 round capacity mags more dangerous than a Glock 17?

·
Registered
226 Posts
it doesnt matter whats on the list..in the end ..EVERYTHING will be on the list of banned firearms....once a list is formed..the left will keep adding onto it and never stop...just like the list of people that cant own any firearms, it is growing with more stipulations..they want to put anyone on disability or financial issues because in the lefts eyes you are not responsible enough to own a firearm...and they will keep coming up with more and more reasons you wont be able to own..domestics, sickness, basically anything they can finagle onto the list of reasons..

·
Registered
933 Posts
And to name just two of the pack leaders that are vying to do just that are George Soros & Michael Bloomberg.

·
Formerly "raf"
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
And to name just two of the pack leaders that are vying to do just that are George Soros & Michael Bloomberg.
Well, that's certainly true. I can say for a certainty that many $ have flowed into RI from both sources in order to restrict out firearms rights.

Some folks have criticized me in this thread, and I understand that. Allow me to say that I've been actively engaged against the ANTIS here for decades.

RI is still the only State in NE without any sort of Semi-auto firearms restrictions, and in a small way, I have played my part in that.

Before people criticize me, or my approach to modding firearms, perhaps recall that many folks in States which have imposed firearms restrictions did exactly what I have proposed in order to not have their firearms come under
scrutiny of newly-enacted Laws.

A wise man avoids conflict, if possible; a fool welcomes it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
there use to be a big gun shop by me, they had stickers with the slogan..make love not war be prepared for both....that applies in todays climate more than ever...but to think the powers to be will stop at a few restrictions is plain foolish..so unless you will be happy with a sling shot or rocks to throw..making a few mods will not help in the long run...you are free to prolong confiscation or ban..but you dam well know the end agenda..TOTAL DISARMAMENT OF CITIZENS...and the powers tobe wont rest till its done..so be guided by what you know for fact and not on what you hope may be...

·
Formerly "raf"
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Due to the fact that people are leaving the Forum in droves........I'd say we need a bunch of nannies.

When a few kids are spoiling the Forum for everybody with their ugly insults and namecalling.......it's time for Forum members to speak up.

Nanny is maybe not nearly enough when the problems include racist, bigoted and homophobic posts besides ridiculous and childish insults.......there are entire threads here that are mostly childish insults.

Somebody needs to speak up. Maybe with better behavior a dying Forum can be saved.
I was recently asked, by a poster on ar15.com, if this forum was reasonably tolerant of new members, asking questions. He had some doubts, from his prior experiences here. I told him to join the forum, and do some searching before posting his questions. Common sense, really, but I advised him that some posters here were a little intolerant of newcomers, and to have a thick skin.

i believe this forum to have many decent Members who are very willing to help newcomers, but unfortunately this forum also has some Members who are quick to find fault, and slow to help.

IMHO, and meaning no offense, our forum Moderator could possibly do a better job than currently done.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts