Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Formerly "raf"
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is written under the possible impact of an RI-based, Virtual Ban of all Semi-Auto firearms, Including many handguns, and so-called "High-capacity" magazines. Possible Fed Laws are another thing. This what I am prepared to do, if need be. Your situation might vary, but certainly coming your way, at some point. We are still fighting hard against these draconian bills. Please pray for our success.

The intent to these modifications is to alter the firearm (in some cases back to original condition) or in such a way that they do NOT come under purview of possible new laws, and so avoiding possible registration of such firearms. Such mods are reversible, but require tools to do so.

1) Remove all flash suppressors from firearms having such, and substitute reasonable compensators, or highly modified FS units (FS "cage" milled-off), such as Choate muzzle device.
2) Install a mag-latch from which the mag-latch lever is ground-off, so that a (Proposed) legal 10-rd mag can be inserted, but not removed without disassembling the rifle, using tools. I prepared for this, and have stripper-clip fed top-loading devices for some rifles. Always a good idea, no matter what.
3) Remove bayonet lugs from firearms affected by the proposed legislation. Yes, M-1 Carbine owners, this means you, not to mention modifying your mag mag release lever/button.
4) Depending on language of presumably strict law, am investigating variant "Butthole" stocks, as well as modifying other stocks to include an attached strap that runs from base of pistol grip to some point on the buttstock. IOW, meets the letter of the Law, hopefully.
5) "Bullet-button" for AR might be an option. IDK.

Many of these techniques have been adopted in States with very strict gun laws, and, the language of the Laws allowing, have been accepted.

I anticipated much of this (blind man could see it coming), and have spent some time and $ buying/modifying the components needed. Some of these components could be either unavailable, or in short supply/high cost in the future
Be warned.

If proposed RI laws are enacted, mags over 10 rds will be illegal, and owner subject to fines, jail time, or both. This explains my interest in 10 rd mags in the past.

All the above items are dependent on EXACT language of proposed Fed and State laws. This being a forum amongst friends, I suggest NOT sharing these suggestions except amongst trusted friends who can keep their mouths shut. No sense in giving the Antis more info than they need.

We are fighting hard against this nonsense, but your prayers and kind thoughts are gratefully accepted!

·
Registered
957 Posts
This is written under the possible impact of an RI-based, Virtual Ban of all Semi-Auto firearms, Including many handguns, and so-called "High-capacity" magazines. Possible Fed Laws are another thing. This what I am prepared to do, if need be. Your situation might vary, but certainly coming your way, at some point. We are still fighting hard against these draconian bills. Please pray for our success.

1) Remove all flash suppressors from firearms having such, and substitute reasonable compensators, or highly modified FS units (FS "cage" milled-off), such as Choate muzzle device..
2) Install a mag-latch from which the mag-latch lever is ground-off, so that a (Proposed) legal 10-rd mag can be inserted, but not removed without disassembling the rifle, using tools. I prepared for this, and have stripper-clip fed top-loading devices for some rifles. Always a good idea, no matter what.
3) Remove bayonet lugs from firearms affected by the proposed legislation. Yes, M-1 Carbine owners, this means you, not to mention modifying your mag mag release lever/button.
4) Depending on language of presumably strict law, am investigating variant "Butthole" stocks, as well as modifying other stocks to include an attached strap that runs from base of pistol grip to some point on the buttstock. IOW, meets the letter of the Law, hopefully.
5) "Bullet-button" for AR might be an option. IDK.
I'd rather become a felon

·
Formerly "raf"
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in this new country we live in..the felons are allowed to run free while honest citizens are jailed for trying to keep their businesses afloat....so once you become a felon , you have nothing to worry about....
Well, we all try to do what we must do to get along. We all have our "personal" line-in-the-sand, but the question is: How many others will step across the Line after us?

·
Cognitive Dissident
1,155 Posts
If they (the gun-haters) actually passed something they would have to grandfather in what we currently own and just end the sale and production of certain long guns, pistols and magazines.

So relax.......I seriously doubt that they can get ANYTHING passed and if they did they'd still face tough scrutiny from the Trump Supreme Court.

We have five pro gun justices now.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'd rather become a felon
As I recall James T. you are from Louisiana. Down there if I recall correctly it's already a thin line from becoming to being. The only thing that removes all doubt is do you live on a bayou ? :ROFLMAO: You can bet those criminals in Swamp D.C. are intimidated and the last thing they want to see is a herd of you guys in the wild. They could be swimmin' with the gator brothers after sun down. It could be RIBob and his fellow shooters need a bayou of their own.

(Sorry James T. I just had to pull your leg a bit)
kwg

·
Registered
588 Posts
I believe standard Mini's are on the exempt list.
No threaded barrel, no pistol grip no folding stock.

·
Registered
274 Posts
your all missing the point..thats just the beginning..dont think they dont know what they are doing..the leftys know the assault weapons is just a semi auto dressed up..do you see where it will go?? they will ban ALL semi autos..PERIOD...thats their end game...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Nothing will be exempt but they have to start somewhere.
Also if you believe a grandfather clause will save you
that will be a nice dream but reality will prove to be a
nightmare. Just because it was instituted last time is
no guarantee it will happen again. To many countries
have instituted these these types of draconian measures
to take control of their populations. Where there is no GOD
there are no GOD Given Rights.

·
Formerly "raf"
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I, and many others, have been fighting this nonsense for many decades. Reverendg, you know nothing about my past, so please don't make statements that only highlight your ignorance.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There was no insult. That you are taking it as such says a lot about you. Oops.
I just called it out straight, and I guess you must know that, and resent it. Oh well.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well, what if your personal choice places your loved-ones and family in jeopardy? Sometimes personal choices are not so easy as one might think.
Well in all honesty they will be bigger felons than me. I'm the only one that doesn't own a AR-15. My Kid has got a Spikes Tactical, all other immediate family have tricked out AR's, and the old hag left me a long time ago. Plus do you have any idea how long it has taken me to get THIS?
004.png

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, what if your personal choice places your loved-ones and family in jeopardy? Sometimes personal choices are not so easy as one might think.
Trying to make yourself less offensive to the people that want you ground firmly under their heel doesn't work. At minimum make them have to take you to court. Weakness invites bullying.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts