Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My local dealer has five Romanian WASR-10 AK variants in stock.

He wants $399.00 each. Is this price too high?

I have been thinking about getting one, but 399 seems really high for such an ugly, unrefined looking weapon.

Good Shooting!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one will help me out here?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think $350-$399 is about the going rate for them these days. You can always get lucky at a gunshow and find a used a Sar1. I picked up both my Sar1 and Sar3 used for $300 each. You can also save youre pennies and get into the nicer AK's for around $600, Vepr, Arsenal inc, Arsenal USA, and Vector all make good stuff.

Sar's

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally posted by NWO@Oct 4 2005, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

My local dealer has five Romanian WASR-10 AK variants in stock.

He wants $399.00 each. Is this price too high?

I have been thinking about getting one, but 399 seems really high for such an ugly, unrefined looking weapon.

Good Shooting!
If they have a bayonet lug and threaded barrel, that isn't a bad price. If they are still neutered it isn't great. I paid $300 for my 2001 WASR during the ban, and recently bought my brother a WASR with a threaded barrel for $329, and it has a nice finish as well.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by [email protected]@Oct 12 2005, 12:05 AM

If they have a bayonet lug and threaded barrel, that isn't a bad price. If they are still neutered it isn't great. I paid $300 for my 2001 WASR during the ban, and recently bought my brother a WASR with a threaded barrel for $329, and it has a nice finish as well.
No, they don't have the bayonet lug, or the threaded barrel. They are the no frills WASR-10's.

The finish is really bad on them as well. I know they are not supposed to be pretty, but these particular ones are really ugly.

I have decided not to buy one at this time. Maybe someday, but I have a safe full of much nicer rifles that do the same thing, and are just as rugged and reliable.

I actually have my sights set on some sort of 12 guage shotgun now. :lol:

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
682 Posts
i got mine for 400 it was the best price i could find in the state of New Hampshire

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by PSG1@Oct 20 2005, 10:09 PM
B) Too high.$349.00 max. :sniper:

I agree. And no more than $325 for a "ban erra" WASR.

Anything more, and you'd be better off saving for a higher quality AK.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
on top of the bid price you still have to add $15 for shipping and $25-$35 for FFL handling fee. that is extra $40-$50, total price pretty close to $400 already.....

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got one locally for the VERY good price of $300.

It is in beautiful shape, probably the nicest one I have seen. Almost perfect metal. No machining marks, no tool mark, no scratches, no dents, dings, or anything. It has a solid wood stock set. Beautiful light stain on it. No flaws.

I'm Happy!

Good Shooting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.