Perfect Union banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to the store today to try to get a WASR-10. I was surprised at the cost...$489.00. I thought that was a bit much so I didn't buy it. I was not happy. It was NIB.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
The cost has really gone up in the past year or so. If you want one, you better get it now because the cost will just continue to rise due to greed, and the uncertain political future.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Not a TERRIBLE deal, no. Certainly alot more than they used to be though. As I said though, they will only continue to go up in cost until the price is prohibitive.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Check message boards. You can certainly get a wasr cheaper than that, and Romanian G builds are going for ~$450. I just bought 2 "new" ones in poly KVAR furniture for $450 each, and, unless you absolutely need an optics rail on it, the G builds are much higher quality.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Blender was 450 including shipping and FFL fees...probably some other ones I dont know of.
$450 was including shipping, and my FFL does charge me to do transfers.

I will say that I just found a G build with matching # receiver that has been GunKoted over park (mine were only parked) for $540. That is a ver good deal; I'd be all over it if I wasn't tapped out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm nearly tapped out which is why i'd like to sell my mini to help buy an ak. Would it be appropriate to ask a shop to order an ak for me and also ask if they'd take my mini on trade to help pay for the AK? I was thinking of making some calls tomorrow...

I like those G versions and have found a few. Is there a company that one can order them directly from, or just individuals?

·
Registered
385 Posts
A while ago you could build a decent $200 AK yourself. The Romy G parts kits sold for 80-90 bucks. $55 for the NDS 3 reciever, $10 for rivets, another $50 for 922(r) compliant US made parts (e.g. hammer, trigger, sear, slant brake, pistol grip or gas piston). With a little skill you could build all the tools from scrap metal.
Hungarian or Polish kits were more expensive, but of much better quality. Romanian AK kits were the bottom of the barrel, but still a great deal for the price.

Check out centerfire systems, sometimes they`ve got decent quality Bulgarian or Yugo AK clones on sale for less than $490.

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
Centerfire Systems is out of stock of both their high-cap type WASR's at the moment.
AIM has the WASR 10/63 for $399:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/NEW_AK_WASR_RIFLE_w__Bayonet_Lug___Muzzle_Break.html

I've heard the 10/63 indicates higher quality due to being Cugir's "mil spec" build, but I do not know if this is so.

Edit: I was wondering what the "G build" designates, then found the answer here:
http://perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62699
Hadn't been able to find it by searching because "G" is too short for results. If anyone has any more information about the better types of WASR's (if "better WASR" isn't an oxymoron ;) ), I'd sure be interested to read it!

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
The WASR 10/63 isn't missing anything. It's fully assembled, has chrome-lined, threaded barrel, bayonet lug and bayonet, and should have a G2 trigger and side rail mount for optics (some WASRs have this, some don't; the photo on AIM's site shows that these should have it).

If you were asking about the G parts kit, I don't know about that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.