Perfect Union banner

Wards Model 60/Stevens 620 build

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Baltimoreed 
#1 ·
Found a rough Wards Western Field Model 60 at a show last weekend. As I have a Riverside 520 trenchgun build ongoing i figured another of JMB’s shotguns would be great. And I’ve always liked Montgomery Wards so to have a shotgun with their name was cool. While the gun has decent wood and looked ok it wasn’t. I said the 620 was rough because I had to literally beat the barrel off the recvr. It obviously did not belong on that recvr as these were designed to be easily taken apart. My short trenchgun bbl slides right on. Been fiddling with it and have it almost right. I can install it by hand but have to whack it with a rubber screwdriver handle to get it started coming off. Still in a bind at the very end of the insertion. Shot it some yesterday and runs fine. Feeds my two inch 00 buckshot shells fine. Going to do a riot gun out of it. It also has 4 holes in the top rear of the recvr where it had a peep of some sort on it. I’ll get them filled when I get it parkerized.
Wood Composite material Gun accessory Hardwood Wood stain

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Tool Metal

Air gun Wood Trigger Bullet Shotgun

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.