Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a walnut handguard for my mini. I just picked up a Boyd's stock and want to get the look of an early mini. Thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Do the Numrich handguards match the finish like from Ruger.
Yes, however, I think originally, Ruger spray/stained the stock and hand guard in one step thereby guaranteeing matching parts. The ones you will get from Numrich are traditional, and I believe original, Ruger hand guards with "sprayed on" reddish brown color and a little bit of visible grain. It would be luck if it precisely matched your existing stock. I'd post a photo of mine but I already sanded it down to try and match the color...it didn't work out so good. :angry:

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Promising lead

I emailed Ironwood designs and told them what I was looking for. They said if I sent them an old beat up part they could plug the dimensions into their CNC machine. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a walnut handguard for my mini. I just picked up a Boyd's stock and want to get the look of an early mini. Thanks.
This thread is way too unreal (at least for me)

Last Saturday I was, thinking to myself,

"I would really like a wood handguard for my 196."

I had just put it back in it's original stock because I'm heading back to the land of my birth, which is an occupied State (NY.) No folding stocks there.

I went to Numrich Arms and searched by make an model and found the wood handguards were sold out. So I went to Ebay and found a couple auctions which were running so I figured I would end up buying one of the used ones if they didn't go too high.

Well, I visited here, as I do from time to time, and found this thread, clicked on the link that OnTheRoad provide and ended up ordering one from the people that said they didn't have any:>)

Thanks OnTheRoad!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I got one from Numrich a few weeks ago, no, they're not walnut...birch I think. Very plain, but well made and nice fitting. It easily snapped onto the new larger tapered barrel.

Ed
I'd like to put wood on my 580-series, and did a search before I start a thread, so I don't rehash old topics. Does 'new larger tapered barrel' mean this part will fit a newer style Mini-14? If not, will anything out there now...? Thanks!

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I sent my wood stock and a wood handguard to a laminate manufacturer. Good chance we will be seeing some laminated stocks soon. This guy has hundreds of colors and I think is dipping them too for different finishes.
When I hear something I will post.

John K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts