Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one seen the new Anniversary edition of Shotgun News?
The Cover, and pages 92 & 93 sport a Volquartsen Custom 10/22 in full glossy color. It is sooooo purrty:D I grabed it and ran home. Was a little dissipointed as the article wasn't about the 10/22, but about Aguila ammo. I wonder who made that stock? It looks like a boyds blaster except for the color. I have heard a rummor, Boyds is building a custom stock shop. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just talked to them last week when I phoned in an order for one of their new Boyd's smart stocks. Don't know about a custom shop but was told that they are building a showroom that will open in about a month. I don't live too far away so it will be interesting to check out. You're right. That is a good looking Volquartsen on the cover.
Lloyd

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum Westfork, I hadn't heard of the Smart Stocks yet, will have to check em out. Thanks.

Just checked out their web site. I guess they haven't upgraded it yet, no mention of a "Smart Stock".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, I've been lurking on the Mini-14 forum here for quite some time.
Here is a link to some info from the 2002 SHOT show - there is a picture and a paragraph about this Boyd's stock part way down the page:

http://www.sportshooter.com/features/shot2002.htm

Their first production run of these is currently in sanding and should ship in a couple weeks in nutmeg and pepper. A few prototypes have been around - search the Rimfire Central forums for more info.
Lloyd

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Shot link westfork. That is an interesting stock. It looks like it has a cheek pad on each side for ambi shooting. Thats a cool target, the one which analyzes your shooting errors. Will have to try that one, but then when I get my rifle built it will shoot 1 ragged hole or will it? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts