Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Bedding System in the mail. I sure goofed! This isn't some sort of epoxy material to bed the receiver like I thought. It's for bedding the take-down screw.

I don't have a wooden Ruger stock...............I've an ATI Strikeforce plastic one. Is there any reason I should keep this system?

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went ahead and just installed it as if it were a wooden stock. Guess it worked okay. I'll try and sight it in tomorrow and see if there's any improvement in accuracy.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Wish I could help, Chris, but I haven't gotten into bedding on mine yet.

Honestly, you should check out RimfireCentral.com. They have an extremely active forum dedicated to 10/22s, as well as sections for literally every other rimfire weapon ever made. Nothing wrong with the guys here, but RFC is the place for answers, how-tos, and why-fors when it comes to rimfires, especially 10/22s.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's already done. Didn't take 10 minutes. Was no big deal. Just don't know how effective it was.
Chris, I've done two over the last several years with the VQ system. Though I have several target conversion 1022's I declined to install their system on any more mainly because the darn guns shot very well before I had to do it.
I don't think you'll be sorry for the install. I also swapped out the original V Block for one of the many specialty V's that help barrel droop. If you opt for the v block follow the torque recommendations carefully. V Block
All these things help incrementally but the the best accuracy enhancer is a bull (target) barrel. If you need any other help just ask. You'll get there!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Turns out I may not have a chance to check it out today, but as soon as I can take the time, I'll see if the accuracy has improved any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.