Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help locating some ammo 300 remington short action ultra mag. These have been discontinued by manufacturer i guess, thats what a few sites say anyways. We have 9 bullets left and would like to get some if all possible so the gun isnt useless.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
My Hornady Reloading manual shows that it uses the same projectiles as most other .30 calibers as in .308 Winchester, 30-06 etc. If you mean finding loaded cartridges, you may be out of luck. I couldn't find any with just a brief search. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Bullet, the component that leaves the barrel at high speed and puts holes in the target
Case, the component that holds all the other components together
Powder, the component that provides the energy to propel the bullet
Primer, the component that ignites the powder
Cartridge, the assembly of case, bullet, primer and powder
Caliber, a measure of the bullets diameter
Chambering, the specific case design the firearm is designed to use.
Reloading, the process of recycling fired cases back into cartridges. Returns the case to original specifications and replaces the spent primer/bullet/powder with new. Advanced reloaders can often convert one specification of case to another (assuming basic compatibility IE 308 Win into 243 Rem, 30-06 Springfield into 270 Win or 280 Rem).

300 is a caliber, uses a nominal .308" diameter bullet.
SAUM is a chambering.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
You should be able to find them somewhere online if all the internet ammo suppliers have any inventories left. It might be best to accumulate some decent brass and get a small reloader to reload these if you plan to keep the gun. I got a simple little Lee press and a Frankford Arsenal powder charge scale and mounted my set up on a Black and Decker workmate bench. It works fine for rifle reloading. Plans are to get a brass tumbler and load +P 9mils too because I shoot 9 mil. I have the dies and load 30.06 and Arisaka 7.7's now. I use Brasso and a cloth for cleaning my rifle cases. Works great. Reloading is not that complicated if you study up on the net a bit and follow tried and true, tested formulas for your rounds.

Just threw a quick search up and Ableammo sells 300 remington ultra mags. They are a bit pricey so I would have been reloading these anyways. My 30.06's cost me about 30 cents each to make and these are boat tailed ballistic tip SST's which fly really well.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=10480_14658_14743_14905_14806

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nosler still makes 300 SAUM. Check Natchez shooting supply They have them and brass too. Or do a search on 300 SAUM ammo other suppliers should come up. Nosler also sells ammo direct from their website. Not cheap tho...Might want to think about getting into reloading.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Member skyfly757

Have 156 300 Rem SAUM 'once-fired' casings, been ultrasonic cleaned, waiting for RCBS die set to deprime, primer pocket cleaning, polishing. Anybody know the best way to go about getting these to someone who needs them? They come with original Remington Ammo boxes & plastic cartridge holders. I do not have a 300 Rem SAUM long gun, so do not need them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts