Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am wondering if any one has any idea where a person in washington can find any little critters to blast. I would really luv to go dog shooting but seeing as how i cant make it to Montana any time soon i would like to find some chucks here in washington to blast?

· Registered
92 Posts
i've no idea, i can't even understand what you talked about! hehe, i'm a greenhand of learning English,i am a chinese. i just want to learn it well. speaking a wonderful & standard & pure American English is my dream and goal! thank you for your attention! if you are interested in Chinese, please contack me,this is my MSN address:[email protected] Welcome to visit in China!

· Registered
142 Posts
I dont know where Everett Washington is, but in Oregon, all you have to do is head to the east side of the cascade mountain range and, and you'll find ground squirrels to shoot at, I dont know their technical name but we call them grey diggers, any farmer will be happy to see them go, because they eat the farmers' crops.

· hostilenativelibertarian.
7,889 Posts
Lots of farming areas east side of washington,from kennewick to the Idaho border,lots of ground squirrels,in rocky canyons with farm ground nearby rock chucks,and everywhere lots of coyotes-what r ya waitin for!!!:lol: ;)

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive heard about some spots over by matawah. That has rock chucks but no one over here will tell me exactly where it is. Hehehehe. I have just pretty much finish moding my 22 just waiting on my trigger group showing up. And nd gonan get some dura coat for it. But i really want to bust some coyotes also. Thx for pointers guys.

· Registered
35 Posts
Ya east of the cascades is your best bet. Over there they have pleny of little critters running around. Just ask around before you go ont people's land... sometimes they dont really enjoy armed men running around on they're property haha

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man im all for it but i only get weekends off every 3 onths and my next weekends off are in june.

· Registered
45 Posts
Newbie - Dumb Question?

So how exactly do you go about hunting for those squirrels in eastern washington? I mean how do you know where to go exactly and who to get permission from? The only squirrel hunting I've done has been on land owned by my relatives down in California. Do you really just drive out there, find a farmer's door to knock on, and ask if you can blast the critters on his land?

· Registered
48 Posts
So yes most of eastern Wa. is farm land and yes SOME farmers would be ok with it. Granted you go about asking the right way. Knowing someone helps. coyotes are every where, but again it takes a little "knowing the land" I grew up In eastern wa. just recently moving to redmond. Ground squirels are a little more tricky to find as are rock chucks. central wa. is better for them as there is much more flat land for rock chucks I always went along the snake river scoping the breaks aka cliffs and hills. If you want to do varmit hunting in wa. I say stick to coyotes. On my parents farm they become a problem. coming after cats, cattle, sheep, ect. However we dont just go out and kill them all. They keep the mice down. There is alot of hills in eastern wa. so just roaming around will you get you seen quik. So scope out an area that looks good and call them in. If your new to coyotes and dont trust your calling skills buy one of those one that just play the distress call for you. Also make sure to try and match up your camo. the terrain goes from everything to prarie grass to heavy pines. Spring is usually best as this when pups are coming out and seeing just how much they can get away with. Any thing from shot ranges around the palouse range from 50 yds to 200yds due to the large amount of hills. If you have any more questions Ill do the best I can

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.