Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Folks.

This Place is Awesome! http://www.vra-ohio.com/

I wanted new 3 dot sights and a Wilson Combat ambi-safety on my Kimber. Some of the guys at the local shop recommended Vandalia Range+Armory. It is located on the west side of Dayton OH which is a pretty good drive for me but I'm still on vacation so I headed up there.

I would not doubt if they had a thousand firearms on display for sale. I wasn't in there 5 minutes and a gentleman welcomed me and set me up with a work order to install my parts. He said he could have it done in a couple of hours but since I was having a minor extractor issue he recommended letting one particular guy work on it who was returning Monday from vacation.

Then he gave me a tour!

25 yard pistol range
100 yard rifle range and get this: its underground and you can shoot up to .50 BMG!

Gun Leather, Ammo, knives, One room appeared to be devoted almost entirely to AR15 and variants. All the prices I saw were certainly reasonable. What really impressed me was how nice this guy was. I mean it felt like he rolled out the red carpet for this guy in a dirty t-shirt, cut offs, flip flops and garlic breath.

Anybody else here know of this place? What did you think?

They already got a little of my business, but I think they will get some more.

I hope I am not disappointed on Monday. I'll report back.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Looks pretty nice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vandalia Range and Armory

Was there last week checking the place out and asking a bunch of questions. The staff were knowledgeable and friendly. The facilities looked first rate to me. And they had Fox News on the instore TV!!! The smell of gunpowder and listening to freedom tv, can't get much better than that! Lol.:D

·
Registered
863 Posts
i am glad you had a good experiance there, seems like nowdays when you go into a gun store they do not want you in there unless you are going to buy something, and don't talk to us about guns, we just want your money. not all of them but a good bit of them. this place is a little out of my way [ i live in texas!] but you know for good service and i'm really glad your here attitude it might be worth checking out. been wanting to buy h/k usp in 45. but the kimber has also been on my mind. decisions decisions :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have stopped at Olde English a few miles north of there when in the area but never have been to this place.
Put that on the list for next time

401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went back VRA today and...

the place is still pretty awesome. They have a huge inventory, great shooting range, and they did good work on my Kimber. Folks were just as nice today as they were last week.

The only thing negative I could found about this place is their reloads. My Kimber would not go to full battery when firing their in house reloads. I tried a about 25 reloads from Brass King and the pistol worked fine. I tried 50 rounds of WWB and still fine so not sure what is going on with their reloads, but of course it could be my pistol.

In general the place is pretty awesome and if you are looking for a pistol that you can't seem to find anywhere else you might want to check with them. The case with 1911's had 60-70 pistols in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts