Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,540 Posts
In my experience, any pressure placed on the barrel and/or gas block will change POI. This means that you'll have to re-zero your sights/optic for bipod and non-bipod shooting.

As far as mounting your bipod, I'd recommend installing either a sling swivel stud or piece of Picatinny rail in the forearm of your stock, about 1.5-2" back from the gas block.

As an aside, several have made their own struts by using two of those clamps and a length of SS or aluminum bar stock or tubing, with varying results.

Someone will be along shortly to point out how inexcusably wrong I am... :lol:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input... Yeah, I had kind of figured that would be the case. :( I'll have to pick up a piece of Picatinny rail for the bipod. That's what I did on my 7mag... works like a charm!
I have seen the posts on the DIY strut... but I haven't noticed what clamps are being used. Would you by chance have a link???

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man! That gives me some ideas. I may have to try a homemade strut... It's a pretty cheap test. I am contemplating having the barrel cut and re-crowned... Mainly for the look so any increased accuracy would just be a plus... Always gotta tinker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.