Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into putting USA manufactured parts into my AK. I am looking for wood stocks, and swapping out the guts.

Who has the best kits around?

·
Registered
689 Posts
A308DSIT I don,t know all the supply co. out there. But I got a kit, hammer trigger and sear made by Blueridge Machine 800 562 6500. This was about a year ago quality was very good, machined steel not cast. I have heard people say good and bad about Hesse Arms parts. As for wood furniture I believe Ironwood Design has a variety of stocks for AKs. I have K VAR U.S. PLASTIC on SAR 2 and 3 no problems with the fit. I know theres a couple other small shops making wood sets for the AK you might have to search them out on the web but Ironwood has a good rep. As far as CIA,s US trigger group I,ve only got about 800 rnds through the SAR 2and 3 together. I had to do a little work on the 3,s hammer to make it strike the back of the bolt correctly, but their cast parts. I have the BlueRidge parts on a hungarian build only maybe 200 rnds through it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
A308 sorry on the post i guess BlueRidge went BELLY UP no more parts unless you can find someone who has old stock. To bad, maybe GLOBAL TRADES . If I run across anything I,ll post it. Anyone else out there know of U.S.A. made AK trigger group? I think a Co. by the name FSE.makes a FAL trigger group, I,m not sure if they do anything for the AK. Sorry about BlueRidge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ironwood designs has the stock set I want. I just need to get USA made internals.........
Shotgun News had a couple of companies listing internals, but I wanted to get some information from you guys before spending cash :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Might want to check with Jimmy at Global as I believe he bought quite a few of the Blue Ridge sets just before or at the time that Charles folded his tent with his partner. I also believe FSE has them for the AK as well. Don't quote me on that however. Also, you can check with Mike at The Firingline ([email protected]) as he has quite a few fire control sets in stock most of the time, or he can tell you where to get them. Hope this helps and have a great day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts