Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my Mini-30, I just tried a USA 10 rounder I got via CDNN for 10 bucks. To my suprize, it worked flawlessly, fit good, fed good, and held open bolt through 8 full clips.
However, the new, stronger hammer spring from Brownell's failed to pop 1 out of 80 primers of the Wolf Berdan primers. I guess at 2 bucks a box, I'll have to live with it.
Also tried new 6X40 scope from J&B Sales. Appalling, Chinese, garbage. Even at $19.95 it isn't worth being a paperweight.
I'm hoping it had nothing to do with the Ruger integral scope mounts. I don't like the way they look..... cocked a ****hair or 2.
Has anybody ever had problems with these. I had to adjust the windage drum to get the impact to the right, 52 clicks, until I thought the drum would fall out, then, there was an unfocused image. The mounts kept getting loose, even with the lock washers I used. Next scope, Locktight. Or possibly no scope if the rings are bogus.
I hope after all this firing pin, magazine, rear sight, and scope ring problems this Mini-30 will behave. Ruger sure has balls selling these at $479.00 plus!! 20-20 hindsight SUCKS!!!
Joe

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had the same problem with the Ruger rings.I needed rings that would hold a scope with a 48mm bell.I went with Millett Angle Lock high rings.
They gave me all sorts of windage.They stay tight and they match the stainless finish on my rifle.I like em and they perform fine.bg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts