Perfect Union banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's one rightside up:

When the weather breaks, i will dust it and add some brown where the black is showing through...it got cold and rained before i could do it today.

Something like this, but it will be more tan. the flash makes it look a little lighter than it should, but the OP pic is closer to outdoor reality.
:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A quick wipe with alcohol to get oil off the handled surfaces, that's it. No primer. I DO let them cure for a few days before i use them, so that''s about the extent of the planning and prep. Understand I will touch up as needed. My rifles don't sit around and look pretty. It will be banged up and I paint them so losing paint from wear and tear still leaves effective camouflage. This one isn't finished, but it looks good already and when it's done it will be durable and functional. Easy paint job using rustoleum and Krylon fusion camo paints.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

here it is with the green. Not going to add any brown until late fall:

The sharp-eyed among you may notice ma modification to the cheekrest. It was a simple mod, just drilling two holes on each side of the adaptor plates to raise the nuts up higher, than adjust as needed. Now the cheekweld IS perfect for quick snap shots and anything else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.