Original out of the box

Now

Yankee Hill Armory Diamond Free Float Quad Rail Spectre Length
Yankee Hill Armory Low Pro Gas Block
Magpul MBUS Front Sight

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Sure does change the look doesn't it. I am not a big fan of quad rails but that looks pretty nice. I particularly like the way the top rail looks. Basically gives it a monolithic look. I might see about something similar with just the top rail and leave it round on the rest.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure does change the look doesn't it. I am not a big fan of quad rails but that looks pretty nice. I particularly like the way the top rail looks. Basically gives it a monolithic look. I might see about something similar with just the top rail and leave it round on the rest.
Like the ones Troy makes. They have quite a few that are like what you just described.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like it, I have a delton midlenght and put a 2 piece quad on it (didn't want to mess with the front sight/gas block.

How hard was it to pull the gas block and install the new one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it, I have a delton midlenght and put a 2 piece quad on it (didn't want to mess with the front sight/gas block.

How hard was it to pull the gas block and install the new one?
The Hardest part was getting the barrel nut off. I used a DPMS wrench and I drilled a hole in some wood and clamped the barrel. I barely managed to get it apart. I do suggest getting a upper vise block, I wish I had one.

The gas block was not bad providing you have the correct punches. The gas block it self was on there very tight. I ended up having to tap it with a hammer and wood block to get it to come off. Also the gas tube fit very tight and took some working at it to get it out. Putting on the YHM parts was way easier than getting off the Mil-spec factory parts.

I personally was not sure how to get the gas hole lined up on the barrel with the one in the gas block. What I ended up doing is plugging the breach end of the barrel with my finger, putting another finger in front of the gas tube. I then blew down the barrel and I felt air exiting the gas tube so I figured it was all lined up.

I hope my way worked, because I have yet to fire the gun since changing the parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts