Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi again,

I had read that several people were anxiously watching my last thread because of their problems with failure to EJECT.

For you newer people (I'm one also), I bought a mini14 Ranch Model 197 Made in 2004 from a very important customer.

I went to the range and could not get 8 or 9 rounds through it without a FTE. (not even once)

I, gratefully, got dozens of ideas from this forum, bought the best ammo, 4 trips to the range, and nothing worked-out, however, it made me really learn the rifle.

The update is: don't bother "FAXING" Ruger for a return authorization. (as they request). I waited 4 days and no email from them. When I finally called them, I got a very nice lady (JANET) who was happy to help me. (603-865-2442). She is shipping me a Ruger box and a return #. She advised me to include notes for the repairman, and she researched the exact date of mfg. for me. i have no idea yet if anything is paid by warrantee, I didn't ask. At this point I don't really care, as long as the price is fair, and maybe, they P/U part of the bill because of the "hole" worn into the side of the bolt.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had read that several people were anxiously watching my last thread because of their problems with failure to EJECT.
Hi Tom, you do realize that most interested people have instant notification e-mail sent when you add to your previous thread, but might not notice or look for a new thread that continues your story? Instant notifications take them directly to the latest post of an exisiting thread so they don't have to wade through the rest.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but a thread is not old or cold until the issue is settled - simply posting to a thread raises it to the top of the listing, unless you have selected to order messages differently in your prowser.

At least paste links to your previous threads on the topic into this one...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh

No sir! I didn't know that. Is there a way to cancell this thread and do it that way?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just post what you said on this "new" thread to the old thread and leave a message here to refer to the original thread for further info. No biggie but it is best to keep to the same thread until the issue is resolved or run its course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts