Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The bullpup stock looks very cool, the best I have ever seen for the SKS. I looked into it about six months ago and almost preordered one until I started looking around on other forums and seeing how many others had done preorders. I found a lot of worried people who had preordered and were claiming that the company would no longer respond to their emails and calls. That concerned me deeply, so as impressed with the stock as I am, I'm waiting to possibly purchase one until others have gotten theirs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There's a company that will be soon coming out with a bullpup stock for the SKS. This is a all-new bullpup stock. The name of the company is Shernic Gun Works.

Here is the link:

http://www.sgworks.com
I recently saw the Bullpup stock at the Ventura, CA gun show...was amazed how different, compared to a standard SKS, it looked. the magazine being behind the trigger really threw me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
What a great enhancement. You know, I have been thinking about picking up an SKS but they looks kind of clunky and heavy. I shoot my rifles, not a collector. This bullpup stock motivates me to go get an SKS and convert it to a bullpup.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
what kind of $$ are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There's a company that will be soon coming out with a bullpup stock for the SKS. This is a all-new bullpup stock. The name of the company is Shernic Gun Works.

Here is the link:

Shernic Gun Works
that stock has been coming out for like 15 years I waited and waited and actually forgot about it like 10 years ago. I dont think its ever gonna come out......

·
Registered
49 Posts
The bullpup stock looks very cool, the best I have ever seen for the SKS. I looked into it about six months ago and almost preordered one until I started looking around on other forums and seeing how many others had done preorders. I found a lot of worried people who had preordered and were claiming that the company would no longer respond to their emails and calls. That concerned me deeply, so as impressed with the stock as I am, I'm waiting to possibly purchase one until others have gotten theirs.
The company used the funds from the pre-orders to help finance their development efforts, although I am guessing that the great majority of the funds came out of the entrepreneurs' pockets. It appears that they were up front about it and ongoing development efforts seem well documented (read their News section of Shernic Gun Works). I do like the looks of the Shernic stock and would take the chance of ordering one if I had a Yugo SKS.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
wow, so many cool bullpop kits showed up, all of a suddent!

and it is tax return time.....:unsure::lol:

:( wallets will feel the pain...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yippee. Just ordered my Yugo SKS AND the Shernic bullpup conversion kit with tri-rail and extended mag release. Now the 3-4 month wait for the kit. SKS should get here in a week as will the ammo. I'll have plenty of range time with the Yugo while I wait for the bullpup kit.

·
Registered
405 Posts
To be honest, I really dont like the pictures of the bullpup builds I see on sksboards. Considering how easy and handy a simple "paratrooper" mod is, I cant see the appeal in these.

It seems to me like taking a beautiful but simple rifle, and making it complicated and ugly.

(sorry to be a nay sayer, just my .02)

·
Registered
43 Posts
To be honest, I really dont like the pictures of the bullpup builds I see on sksboards. Considering how easy and handy a simple "paratrooper" mod is, I cant see the appeal in these.

It seems to me like taking a beautiful but simple rifle, and making it complicated and ugly.

(sorry to be a nay sayer, just my .02)
Problem is that the sks is really front-heavy, and usually suffers from a bad trigger.

A lot of these aftermarket kits improve the balance and feel. And I haven't seen many sks rifles that aren't scratch and debt specials dug out of a korean rice paddy... Rather get a new stock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yippee. Just ordered my Yugo SKS AND the Shernic bullpup conversion kit with tri-rail and extended mag release. Now the 3-4 month wait for the kit. SKS should get here in a week as will the ammo. I'll have plenty of range time with the Yugo while I wait for the bullpup kit.
Man, was I suckered. SGW told me 3-4 months and it appears they are a year behind.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I preorder. Then got a update that it would be only three months. They say their upgrade production is on track. We will see . I should get my kit in June.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Here is the link:

Shernic Gun Works
I don't like the slide that close to my face. The Tapco mags suck. In the demo he had problems with them and they only had 5 round loaded. I'm assuming it's designed for the Tapco extended mags.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Problem is that the sks is really front-heavy, and usually suffers from a bad trigger.

A lot of these aftermarket kits improve the balance and feel. And I haven't seen many sks rifles that aren't scratch and debt specials dug out of a korean rice paddy... Rather get a new stock.
Yugo's I've found to be front heavy, but otherwise I think the SKS is a pretty well balanced and fast pointing rifle. They aren't going to be as agile as a tactical-elite-super-duty-lightweight-QCB AR-15 model, but for the bargain battle rifle that they are, they're great.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If someone just started building SKS's into bullpup's. Would you buy one? And if so, for how much would you pay for one?

·
ANTI anti-gun activist
1,287 Posts
That thing has a short ass sight radius (not that the original isn't but can be cured with tec sights) It makes the gun even uglier. Be awesome if full auto, but hey to each his own.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts