Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vigilant Curmudgeon
623 Posts
I would be interested to see the profile & know the neck diameter . Any chance ?

Reactions: Logos

·
Cognitive Dissident
2,935 Posts
Yes........more pictures please.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Lake City 5.56 production run 1994.
Could be converted to .300 BO

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I believe this head stamp is from an Arabic speaking country in the Middle East; i.e. UAE Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Syria. The characters may look like 711 but it is something in Arabic. Similar characters are on this headstamp from the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners website for Iranian factory code 03. Russian cartridge headstamps would have Roman numerals for the date. Would be helpful to identify the cartridge caliber with a profile view.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe this head stamp is from an Arabic speaking country in the Middle East; i.e. UAE Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Syria. The characters may look like 711 but it is something in Arabic. Similar characters are on this headstamp from the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners website for Iranian factory code 03. Russian cartridge headstamps would have Roman numerals for the date. Would be helpful to identify the cartridge caliber with a profile view.

Sent pic to a "friend" who knows something about the Middle East:

For the 12 oclock, it says 03, for the 4 oclock Im not entirely sure but probably just “1”, and for the 7 oclock it should be “82” but Im unsure of what 82 could mean because if this was in fact an Iranian produced round, they would not use our calendar years but their own calendar years. It could refer to 1382, which would be 2003 in our years. But without knowing more I cant tell for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Years ago I bought some Iranian surplus 30-06 that has the symbol shown at the 12 o'clock position above. I haven't looked at one of these rounds in a while and I believe they have the symbol shown at 4:00.

At one time Iran had a lot of m1 garands that the US gave them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts