Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Mini-14:

More details and pix HERE.

$500 with accessories plus shipping to your FFL.

*181-Series
*Parkerized (formerly blued)
*16" barrel (measured to muzzle) plus Choate-like flash suppressor with M14 type front sight.
*Wood front handguard and stock
*Choate stock extension/buttplate
*New rear sight from Brownells (not yet parkerized)
*Buehler Scope Mount (replaces rear sight unit, seen in photo)
*Mags:
**1 - 20rd Ruger Factory (parkerized, seen in pix below)
**1 - 5rd Ruger Factory (parkerized)
**2 - 30rd PMI, blue
**1 - 30rd PMI, SS
**1 - 30rd Masen, blue

Low mileage on the rifle... it was bought new in 1978 or so by the original owner. It was then parkerized and then put in a safe for many years. I am the second owner, and I've put less than 200 rounds through it. This is an extremely handy rifle (very short and light) that I have kept in my bedroom closet for home defense.

Rear sight assembly is black, not parkerized. I'm concerned that the front sight isn't tall enough, as I had to replace the front sight with a taller Garand unit to get it to zero at 100 yards. As the dovetail on the Garand is oversize compared to the M14 sight on the unit, it never fit right. The M14 front sight is on the unit current (as seen in pix).

I want to sell all as a unit if possible. If not, I'll break out the mags for sale after the rifle goes. I can't find the 5rd right now, so make offer for "less 5rd" and I'll throw it in when I find it for the cost of shipping.

$500 with accessories plus shipping to your FFL.

Cannot transfer/sell/trade mags to a California buyer. I'd be willing to break the mags out of the deal if my best offer is from a CA buyer.

------------------
[email protected]
http://perfectunion.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 11-28-2000).]

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MORE INFO!

I forgot to mention. This rifle has a nice trigger job done on it. Possibly lighter than the 4.5 lbs recommended for service rifles, but it is a GREAT light trigger for hunting and plinking.

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price reduced to $450 plus shipping.

Please note that this is over $150 worth of mags.

No Longer Involved
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold for asking price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts