Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished a 1925 vintage Winchester Model 12 into a riot gun. My donor had a busted stock and a polychoke so no harm was done to a collectible. I cut and faced the bbl to about 19 inches, replaced the stock and refinished it to match the pump handle, installed a bead and a lower and upper sling swivel with a nobuckle sling. My other build that I’ve just started back on is a Stevens Riverside 520A into a 520-30 faux trenchgun. I’ve had the donor since 2019 and gradually found the rest of the pieces. My plan is to keep the original 30 inch bbl assembly and have a trenchgun bbl assembly also. Love the takedown system that JMB came up with for these critters. Did some bluing on my ‘in the white‘ heat shield/bayonet mount and mag tube and have started work on the proud semi inlet buttstock at the tangs and recvr.

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,619 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks all, the blue is original on both donors but as the trenchgun stuff is in the white and bbl and mag tube are from a more worn gun I'm going to have to cold blue those parts. The M12 is older from 1925 while the Riverside is from the 40’s as near as I can figure. Bottom is from before I had the magazine and mag parts for the short bbl.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it has. Here it is with my other M12 build, a 1940 trenchgun that I put together a few years ago. It had an older reblue but works well as a military shotgun and matched up with my heat shield mount nicely. The stock had been shortened too much so I added an extension and covered it with the lace on pad. I might look around for another uncut stock to do it more correctly eventually.
Musical instrument Wood String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, everything I have is 12 ga except for an old original Marlin Model 30 that is in 20 ga. The Model 30 is a very neat sg as it is actually a slightly scaled down 12 ga not a full sized 12 ga shotgun in 20 ga. Shoots like a rifle.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Baltimoreed:

Have you ever done any weapons in plum brown?
I have a rem model 10 takedown ( 1908 ) I did in
plum brown (birchwood casey) stuff works great.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thinking that I used plum brown or something like that on my muzzleloader builds eons ago. A .45 long rifle and a .58 Hawkins that morphed into an underhammer. I seem to remember using potassium permanganate on the wood.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I'm impressed both at your handiwork and your luck in coming across the build materials.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts