Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where (maybe Ruger Co.) or IF the lower part of the gas block on a 180 series can be replaced with a later one. The later one is bigger in diameter to accomodate the later stocks like the Butler Creek folder.

Which leads to 2nd question about folding stocks. Any opinions if these can be added legally if the gun was not originally "made" or "assembled" with it before the 94 ban?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have a clue about the gas block.
To answer your question about the legality of modifying a preban rifle, I believe, and that's all I am saying, you can make any mods you want, as long as they don't violate some other regulation. Like don't make it full auto, or cut the barrel off to 12 inches. I think you would be wise to contact a gunsmith that does the sort of things you are interested in, just to be sure. Just don't go putting a bayonet lug on your mini because you can and I can't. It looks dumb, and is pretty useless to boot. Spend the money on something like a Harris bipod or parkerize the steel. A flash suppressor is pretty cool to have, if for no other reason, it will keep that Ruger barrel that looks like it was cut to lenght with a hacksaw, from getting dinged up and trashing what little accuracy you now have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.