Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have Brain Damage from smelling too much nitro from shoooting my mini? I'm trying to reduce fouling and decrease friction. I've heard WS2 (Tungsten Disulfied) Helps. Moly helps but is messy. I need a reliable source that can tell me how to properly apply WS2 to my bullets. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Industrial dry lube. I read on some forum somewhere that the reloader swore by the stuff. He said it went by the trade name, "Danzac" and wasn't available anymore. I have found another source. Not terribly expensive 1lb. bucket $18.50 U.S. He never said how he applied it. I contacted a company and they said it had to be applied in house. Really don't know what they would say if I sent them a 1000 projectiles to coat. Just researching it to see if I could do it, much like the moly coating sold commercially. All of this is in the effort to reduce copper fouling. When I find out more I'll post it. Check out MATWEB.COM for much info on different materials.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey there King, if you go to BryCoat web site and read thru all the eng/sales jargen, the WS2 is a PVD (vacuum deposited coating). Typical aplication temp. is 400 C or 752 F. OUCH! The lead would become molten on aplication. They have the equipment to apply it. It would be great if they could make it to apply with a spray can.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah, I've heard of Danzac & as far as I know it's still available as a bullet treatment & a bore treatment. All of this stuff, Danzac Moly & the rest are all meant for one thing & that's to cut down copper fouling & reduce the intervals between cleanings. This is important to the benchrest crowd. The reason why is that after accruacy begins to fall off because of fouling you have to clean the bore & after cleaning it takes however many rounds to get the barrel settled in again. If you have something to allow the shooter to shoot a full string or even a match between cleanings the advantage is evident. The debate over these treatments has been going on for years & many of these people have engineering backgrounds. As for me my Mini will see plain jane jacketed bullets. I can't see going thru that expence & trouble when I'm shooting thru a $2 barrel.

Just my 2¢
Bushwack

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Using it on my mini bullets would be a plus, if it can be applied without melting the lead out, Thanks for the info my Cajun bro. I also shoot and reload for an 8x57mauser. Many of the bullets that I have bought and pulled are Tin coated Steel jackets probably not the best for the bore. That was another reason to see if they could be coated to help lube them as they zing down the pipe. Appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts