Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ruger viquero in 45 colt that I am thinking about trading for either a gp100 or sr40. I like the idea of the reliability of the revolver but the auto lends itself better to me being left handed and quicker reloading. What is your thoughts?

·
Registered
182 Posts
You definitely can't go wrong with an SR. I have an SR9 and absolutely love the pistol. It is reliable, rugged, handles well, and looks great! It would be helpful for you to decide if you had a chance to shoot both. If not, try to get a look at each at a gun shop and see what you think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had both a p94 and 95 and my current pocket piece is a sp101. I am very happy with just about anything ruger and love the feel of the sr9. I would love if ruger came out with a nice ambi pump or auto loading shotgun.

·
Toujours Pret!
71 Posts
Two completely different animals.

Depends on what you want to do with it.

I would find the GP more versatile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is probably the big question I am looking for a third gun for my ideal 3 gun in the safe or house. The first two being a mossberg 500 and a ruger gunsite scout left handed. My primary carry will always be a sp101 38 special. Being on a farm in the country I am more likely to run into a rabid raccoon than a baddie during the day light hours.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I own both a 6" GP and an SR9c. Both have their own appeal. I have found the SR series to be totally reliable, and it never hurts to have a semi-auto in your collection, since you already have the SP (got one of those also).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts