Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an LMT trigger group that I took out of my wife's M4 and put in my new DM bastard build. Before I swapped it we were noting a very slow reset after rounds fired. I took it down to ensure that is was assembled correctly and it was, I put it in my other build and there were times that it totally failed to reset and I had to physically move the trigger forward. I was thinking that the hammer spring might be weak, but I can't find a spare right now. Are there any other places I should be looking for problems?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it and it could very well be that.. I only checked to make sure it was present lol. I was more worried about the hammer spring.. Now that I think about the Cycle of Operations I think you might be correst.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the extra gas rings stored already, but I am having a hell of a time finding a disconnector spring. I happened to remember that I have a spare trigger laying around that one of my armory buddies gave me on my 2nd deployment. I'm pretty sure that it still has a disconnector spring in it so I will double check when I get home and see. I may just drop the whole trigger in the gun and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help everyone and I will post any followups that I have on here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup I used them to get parts for my grandpa's old Rem 550-1 that he left me. I have ordered from them several time and have not had an issue. I never really considered tehm for AR parts though.
I will definitely have to give them a try. Still trying to get a front sight and a sear spring from them for that old remmy and a rear sight bridge for an old Winchester Mod 67A that I picked up a few weeks ago from my local pawn shop for $60.. Talk about a fun little gun! you shouldn't be allowed to have that much fun with an old single shot manual .22 :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I swapped the disconnector spring out and it seems to have fixed it. I haven't had a chance to actually go test fire it yet but it has a much more positive re-set now. I appreciate the help. The trigger assembly in teh LMT 2 stage group is different than any I have seen and worked on before. Its not a traditional steup and the disconnector is actually pinned in place to the trigger by a small pin (which is a PITA to drive out and replace BTW) and the whole assembly drops into the lower.

LMT-LEWIS MACHINE TOOL AR-15 2 STAGE MATCH TRIGGER

It takes a regular disconnector spring though but it the trigger and disconnector fit together REALLY tightly and with the added spring pressure was a PITA to re-assemble.

Woodstock and Grumpy I really do appreciate the help and ya'll are a big part of the reason I still stick around here. Its nice to know that there are still complete strangers out there who will go out of their way to help someone out with a problem and even drop a needed part in the mail at their expense to help someone out. I really do appreciate it!

BTW I have 5 M-14 mags if you know anyone who needs any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.