Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an opinion on a trigger job? Bought my mini 6 months ago, love at first sight! Wondering how much a trigger job will improve accuracy? In addition, wondering how effective accu-struts are? I'm hooked, great forum.

·
absit iniuria verbis
322 Posts
I like the work Terry Gardner at Impact Guns did. He's out of Ogden, UT. It's $75 for the trigger job plus a trigger stop (as of 4/12). $15 for shipping/insurance. He had it done and shipped in one day.

"Terry G" <[email protected]>
Impact Guns, ATTN: Terry, 2710 S. 1900 W. Ogden , UT 84401

·
Registered
74 Posts
mini trigger jobs

Terry did 3 triggers for my mini's and they are awesome! I think this is the first thing that should be done to any mini that you are trying to make a very consistent shooter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ASI did my trigger and i've been very happy with it. I shoot the gun more consistently especially free hand. Check your groupings with a hot vs cold barrel the 581s with the new style barrels don't seem to string as much from what others have said and my personal experience Retightening the gas block and getting the stock to fit better helped my groups get down 2moa. I had the factory synthetic stock that was sloppy fitting and when I switched to a tighter fitting wood stock my groups were at there best. Now as the stock is loosening up its getting worse so I plan to bed it like suggested on here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A week or so after I took delivery of my 581 Mini-30, I sent the trigger assembly off to Gundoc. I was very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you are good with tools and mechanically inclined, you can watch Gundoc's free video a couple of times and do it yourself. Just take the process VERY slowly and do not change any angles on the sear and secondary's. I actually went a step further and cut down the amount of sear engagement for a cleaner break with only a tiny bit of creep. This step must be the last one as it can save the trigger group if you have removed too much from the second stage travel and it won't reset.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gun Doc has done 2 Mini 14 triggers for me and I am very pleased with his work!! Great guy to work with!

·
Registered
31 Posts
There's also vids and text instruction out there out to do it yourself, if you feel confident in your abilities. I did my own and am pleased with it. Just saying.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Certainly consider a trigger job as well as other options such as bedding the stock, etc. These are not expensive modifications. However, I would recommend that they be done in stages after the Mini is broken in and ammo preferences are determined. Gun Doc recomended this to me and it was good advice. Also, it raised my opinion of him as he was not just trying to get my business in the door. After break in of my Mini, I'm happy with it and in no rush to do alot of mods. It is what it was designed to be, an all purpose/utility reliable semi auto carbine with practical accuracy. A handy firearm out here in the country. It is right there with my old Ford F150. I'll keep it until i'm dead but it will never win the Daytona 500 nor did I ever expect it to, but it will still haul a load of horse feed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts