Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Get_Sum
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I am looking into getting a trigger job on my mini 14 and 30....does anyone know the best route to go? I am fine with sending off my trigger group but just don't know which company to trust...any feed back and personal experiences will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
317 Posts
GUNDOC! I'm saving my nickels and dimes just for his trigger job
NEVER heard a bad report on his work.
He did a bang up job on the sights for my RIA 1911.
R

·
Get_Sum
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input I think ive narrowed it down to either gundoc or ASI....may even send one trigger group to ASI and the other to gundoc so I can compare the two companies trigger jobs

·
Registered
663 Posts
Gundoc is a good guy. I got an ASI 3.5# single stage trigger in a trade and its worked flawlessly. Not real wild about the screw protruding out in front of the trigger blade though.

Courtesy of ASI's website

Attachments

401 Posts
I looked high and low here in southern Ohio for a good Gunsmith. I found a new guy who is work out of one of the gun retailers and i thought i would give him a try. Always like to give a young guy a chance. Want to support a new local Gunsmith.

Gundoc and ASI have pretty good reps.

I have also heard that Impact Guns do a nice job also. No first hand experience with any of them though.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I have a Gundoc trigger in my 185 series Mini 14 and all I can say is its nice, way nicer then the stock trigger, no creep and a nice break. I have not yet put a trigger pull scale on it, mine is packed in storage, I haven't seen it in a couple years but from my experience with triggers I am going to say 4 to 5 pounds of pull to drop the hammer. It bump-fires pretty good also.

·
Get_Sum
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help have decided to send mini 30 to gundoc for trigger job and a barrel cut recrown and thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts