Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
It all depends on your experience and competence. If you've never stoned a sear in your life there are better weapons to learn on. If you're up to it, great. I would recommend a finished pull weight of not less than 4lbs for a semi-auto. If you do farm the job out, talk to Mike Knifong at NW Sooter Support first thing. He's competent, knowledgeble, prompt, and reasonably priced. I would also look into his gas bushing kits of reduced diameter for the Mini-14. I got the bushing kit and a clean trigger job for $50 including S&H, not bad at all. Here's the address: [email protected]

· Registered
153 Posts
I love BSA scopes. Their quality far exceeds what the price tag would suggest. However, they are not immune to the torture the little Ruger can inflict on a scope. Should you need it, the folks at BSA are wonderful in customer service and will usually replace a scope with a loose lens free of charge. I know this personally. (Tasco too) The gas bushing kit Mike sells is one possible answer to this. I would also look into a Buffer Tech recoil buffer. Do this after you talk to Mike though. The Buffer Tech is $15 and Mike was sending out a prototype buffer of his own as a freebie at the time I placed my order last fall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.