Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry. Can't utmfse on my playbook.

Can you swap entire trigger assemblies around the various mini 14 and 30 models?

I don't see why not.

Also. I bought a used tapco stock to replace the synthetic stock on my 30. There are holes in the Tapco for the screws that hold the stock reinforcement bracket. As you may know, the synthetic 30 doesn't come with the reinforcement bracket.

How essential is the stock reinforcement bracket? Is there anyone here whose rifle fell apart on them because the bracket wasn't installed ? How about accuracy? Does a missing bracket affect accuracy at all?

Edit to add. Who has the best price for fiberglass handguard covers? It's going to get dremelled so the cheaper the better.

Thanks guys. If there's answers I know it's from the members here.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
A Mini-14 trigger group in a Mini-30 won't work -- the magazine well isn't wide enough.

AFAIK, any other combination will work just fine.

I haven't heard of any catastrophic failures due to not installing a stock reinforcement. However, you will need it to secure the forearm liner in place -- unless it'll stay in place all on its own.

On the factory synthetic stocks, there is a nub for the liner to clip onto. Any stock that requires the reinforcement won't have that nub molded in.

IMO, you ought to be fine running it like it is for now. But for a grand total of $18.00, why wouldn't you buy the parts?

Stock Reinforcement, Stainless
Screw, Stainless
Star Washer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Mini-14 trigger group in a Mini-30 won't work -- the magazine well isn't wide enough.

AFAIK, any other combination will work just fine.

I haven't heard of any catastrophic failures due to not installing a stock reinforcement. However, you will need it to secure the forearm liner in place -- unless it'll stay in place all on its own.

On the factory synthetic stocks, there is a nub for the liner to clip onto. Any stock that requires the reinforcement won't have that nub molded in.

IMO, you ought to be fine running it like it is for now. But for a grand total of $18.00, why wouldn't you buy the parts?

Stock Reinforcement, Stainless
Screw, Stainless
Star Washer
My mistake. Haven't filled out my location yet.

I've had bad luck getting firearms related items from the US since last fall.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If you want to order the parts, you might try calling Ruger. Since they're a manufacturer, I'm sure they'd be able to ship across the border for you, albeit for a slightly higher price.

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
I have my 580 series mini-14 in a tapco stock. It also has a trigger job, accustrut, and gas block retorqe. Im getting honest 1.25'' groups with quality loads like my handloads. Im not sure how well the mini would perform without the bracket but ruger thought it needed to be there and that's good enough for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.