Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today in Oregon, its people spoke out! We will not rush to pass legislation that will ban or restrict the legal firearm owner's of our state. Even though there is a few, that would like to play on emotion instead of logic.

Our Sheriff's have spoken out against any federal ban and clearly stated they would not comply.

Wish I could have gotten out today in support. Best I can do is share, so other's can see, there is still hope.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20130209/NEWS/302090014/1001

·
Registered
266 Posts
That sounds good, Thanks for sharing. I lived in Roseburg for a short while. It's good to know the state rep from that area is taking the right approach.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds good, Thanks for sharing. I lived in Roseburg for a short while. It's good to know the state rep from that area is taking the right approach.
Know Roseburg well, grew up just 50 miles north of there and have spent lots of time on the Umqua National Forest back in my firefighting days.

Hopefully, in the state, we can continue forward without too many problems from the other side. There are a few bills that have been presented but, I don't see them making it too far. Just as long as we don't have any other incidents take place.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had few acres on North Bank Road on the N Umpqua, a bit west of Glide. Planned to build and retire there, but several factors changed that. Sold the property in '98 and bought acres here in TX. Beautiful country up there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had few acres on North Bank Road on the N Umpqua, a bit west of Glide. Planned to build and retire there, but several factors changed that. Sold the property in '98 and bought acres here in TX. Beautiful country up there.
Know Glide very well...I've spent many a sleepless night's there chasing wildfire.

I love the area, nice place to call home. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.