Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Sounds like you guys are hosed! Nevada, Utah and Arizona looking better all the time. I'm glad I got the F out of there when I did. I remember one trip my better half and I took back there to visit the grandkids, I got almost to the state line and realized I had my Sig and a few Mini 20 round magazines in the jeep with us.

Just to be safe I turned around and went back to Reno and got a small safe deposit box at Wells Fargo so I didn't have to drive all the way back home.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This bill would, instead, classify a semiautomatic, rimfire or centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept 10 rounds or fewer as an assault weapon
well folks.. welcome to Ca where a 10/22 is an evil assault rifle

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
well folks.. welcome to Ca where a 10/22 is an evil assault rifle
Oh my dear gawd.

Even BRITAIN allows rimfire semiautos! So Kali becomes more restrictive than the UK if this beast passes?

Hopefully all the gun rights people will be waving around photos of their wood stocked traditional sporter looking as all hell 10/22's!

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my dear gawd.

Even BRITAIN allows rimfire semiautos! So Kali becomes more restrictive than the UK if this beast passes?

Hopefully all the gun rights people will be waving around photos of their wood stocked traditional sporter looking as all hell 10/22's!

All the best,
Grumpy
grumps.. read the last link on my original post. I dont really understand it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A "personalized handgun" is any handgun manufactured with technology incorporated into the design allowing the handgun to be fired only by a person who is the authorized user of the handgun, and that prevents any of the handgun's safety characteristics from being readily deactivated.

According to this bill all guns in your possession that are owner authorized must not be disabled so other people can shoot the gun. .

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
A "personalized handgun" is any handgun manufactured with technology incorporated into the design allowing the handgun to be fired only by a person who is the authorized user of the handgun, and that prevents any of the handgun's safety characteristics from being readily deactivated.

According to this bill all guns in your possession that are owner authorized must not be disabled so other people can shoot the gun. .
Absolutely right. And it makes it unlawful to import, make, etc an "unsafe" (i.e. non-'owner authorized') handgun at that time.

So, if a married couple can only afford one gun, guess they're out of luck. And if the "smart gun" (that's what its more commonly called) safety malfunctions and locks your piece its illegal for you to disable it (i.e. fix the gun so it works again).

It just keeps getting better.
Hang in there,
Grumpy

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
how is it authorized? is it a print?
probably some sort of bimeteric fingerprint scanner like the ones available on laptops.

which require power... and a way to program it.

ie: you gun will have a USB port on it and will need to be plugged in to keep the on board battery charged.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow

I all of a sudden don't feel so bad living in NY. Didn't think I could say that a month ago. I made a minor change to my mini so I could be a "law abiding" citizen again without having to register.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
probably some sort of bimeteric fingerprint scanner like the ones available on laptops.

which require power... and a way to program it.

ie: you gun will have a USB port on it and will need to be plugged in to keep the on board battery charged.
Biometric scanners really have a problem with me. Ive never gotten it to work on my lap top and it would take me about 10 minutes to clock in at work. For some reason I have a really hard time using an ipad too... So.. Id be super screwed

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I suggest you resist and enmass as in Sacramento. Remember there are 80 million owners in this country. So how many live in Californicate, 1%? We need to use the tools of the modern Marxist, flash mob those damn arrogant asswipes running your state into the ground. For God's sake stand up! I will never give up or run, or hide, or lie. Let's givem a show...of force they aren't ready for, well because we are respectful conservatives, of course, I forgot.

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
Biometric scanners really have a problem with me. Ive never gotten it to work on my lap top and it would take me about 10 minutes to clock in at work. For some reason I have a really hard time using an ipad too... So.. Id be super screwed
hmmmm are you a welder or do allot of manual labor? maybe play allot of guitar?

those screens/scanners work on the electrical capacitance of your skin, so I'd go out on a limb and guess you have some (very) heavy callus build up on your fingertips?

either that or you are an alien (as i suspected) and your skin doesn't conduct electricity...

anyway -now my curiosity is peaked, I'm gonna ask some of my Tech geek buddies about your problem and see if it can be overcome.

I do know mine won't work through latex or nitrile gloves. I have to answer my phone with the tip of my nose at work sometimes :blink:

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
how is it authorized? is it a print?
Doesn't say. In the movies its always a biometric, but the only halfway workable smart guns since the 90's have used an RFID, sometimes on a bracelet. Problem is that the wording of this (owner authorized) implies its more restrictive than a bracelet that can be shared around.

FWIW one of the techniques I've seen experimented with was an implanted RFID chip (in the hand of the shooter) and a short range pickup in the gun.

Yeah, I know. It's a load of BS that is just plain wrong on so many different levels. Its like a wish list of every "lets screw the gunnies" wet dream feinstein's crew has had for the last 30 years. Only thing missing are - whoops not gonna give 'em ideas in case any of that lot are lurking.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmmmm are you a welder or do allot of manual labor? maybe play allot of guitar?

those screens/scanners work on the electrical capacitance of your skin, so I'd go out on a limb and guess you have some (very) heavy callus build up on your fingertips?

either that or you are an alien (as i suspected) and your skin doesn't conduct electricity...

anyway -now my curiosity is peaked, I'm gonna ask some of my Tech geek buddies about your problem and see if it can be overcome.

I do know mine won't work through latex or nitrile gloves. I have to answer my phone with the tip of my nose at work sometimes :blink:
I am a tech geek. I work for a low voltage company(A/V,phones, computers).

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doesn't say. In the movies its always a biometric, but the only halfway workable smart guns since the 90's have used an RFID, sometimes on a bracelet. Problem is that the wording of this (owner authorized) implies its more restrictive than a bracelet that can be shared around.

FWIW one of the techniques I've seen experimented with was an implanted RFID chip (in the hand of the shooter) and a short range pickup in the gun.

Yeah, I know. It's a load of BS that is just plain wrong on so many different levels. Its like a wish list of every "lets screw the gunnies" wet dream feinstein's crew has had for the last 30 years. Only thing missing are - whoops not gonna give 'em ideas in case any of that lot are lurking.

All the best,
Grumpy
Gosh.. I hope they dont mistake my microchip with my dogs..

You gotta love it. California. Laws to make 22 caliber assault weapons, self driving cars, microchipped dogs and shooters.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Bummer for Cali, my guess, they will become law. That's just the Cali way. With some of our government's worst from there, arms will be twisted big time at the state level. Would be a safe bet Obahoma has sent a goon squad in weeks ago prepping.

Wish we could shut the border down for a year or so. We don't need anymore here in Oregon, to mess with our way of like.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.