Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some 30 and 20 round mags and 1 mag clamp.
So which mags sould I clamp together?
2 30's or 2 20's

I was leaning towards the 20's, not for any reason other than to be different.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I can see using it for bug out gear but for plinking it would seam too much added weight. A
Mall ninja stuff.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I used to clamp two mags together for my HD carbine, granted this is an M4. My thinking behind this was so I could load 20 rounds into each 30 rounder and leave them loaded for a very extendec period of time without damaging feed lips ect, plus this would give me 13 extra rounds over my typical mag loadout of a singe 27 round mag.

I discontinued this because the mag not in the mag well covered my bolt catch and when I switched mags the empty would cover my ejection port. Plus it adds more weight and bulk to a rifle i need to be as light and as bast handling as possible.

The only time I would consider doing this again is for a stationary defensive carbine. I would never utilize a clamp for a patrol rifle especially with aluminum USGI mags. Too much chance of tweaking the mags and causing a malfunction.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was pondering the same thing, I set up my mini as a bug out survival type rifle. Pseudo scout with the hilux 2x7 scope ultimak rail and leopold qd rings. The Spector sling and mag holder lets me carry a extra 20 rounds, a clap would total it to 60. The problem is I only have 20rd mags. About 14 of them but with the current bs scare I'm not buying any high caps now.
I would like to know whats the best clamp is for 20rd mags and how people use them. Any information this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just seems to me clamping mags would just slow down a mag change and throw off the balance a nd handling of the rifle. The more crap you hang the more cumbersome the platform becomes. I use mag pouches on a belt and a chest rig, carries my mini mags and pistol mags.YMMV. just seems more show than go.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts