Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of places selling a replacement front sight which combines a flash hider / muzzle brake as well.
I'm wondering if anyone makes the same thing but leaves the muzzle end just a 1/2/28 thread? I'd love to run my can every now and then and this would seem to be the most cost effective way to be able to do that. I wonder why it hasn't been done?
Also, is it more cost effective to just have the barrel threaded? Thought about shortening to 16.25 and just having it threaded. I think moving the front sight back will be the expensive part of the job. Not sure if the overall cost would be worth the doing.
Thoughts?
Doc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Moderator: I accidentally posted this in the wrong sub forum. Can you please move it to where it belongs?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Choate Machine and tool makes an excellent front sight/flash hider combination for all Minis. It gives a classic military style post and wing front sight for pre-580 Minis 14 &30s, and Ranch. I have installed one (with flash hider cut off because I live in Commiefornia) on my 185 Series Mini-14 and early 196 series Mini-30. It has a narrower front blade than factory and gives a very sharp sight picture.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I'ma
That looks a bit weird but I bet it works great. I used a cut down Choate front sight on several versions of my Mini only I slid them back to the machine line. I should of tried it in that version.

kwg

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not sure what series you have but I'd look into this.
trueshot-mini-14-181-197 av3 front sight
-I have no experience with this product-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts