Perfect Union banner

This is my Rem 870 **pics*

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Mrblackguns 
#1 ·
Here is my workhorse. I wanted one of those scattergun technology border patrol 870s. With the 14in barrel it was going to cost about 900.00. And at that time they were still in Nashville and would not do the short barrel for individual officers only agencys. I soon discovered that I can purchase scatterguns parts from brownells and do the work myself. The parts from brownells were about 150.00. I purchased a new rem 870 express with 18in barrel for 230.00. I then took on the task of obtaining the tax stamp which took about 90 days and cost the standard 200.00 dollars. After approval of the application to make a firearm I went to work on it, mostly parts swapping, real easy. I sent it to alo-mar services for a moly coat finish which only cost 80.00. I highly recommend them. Total cost 660.00 including tax stamp. The other way would have cost about 1100.00 including tax stamp. Savings of 440.00.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#11 ·
That's sweet. I actually came to the shotgun forum looking for something like that.

My dept won't let us carry anything but the Remington 870, so my Mossberg is out. They will issue them, but they don't have enough for every officer to have one and the waiting list is said to approach 5 years if you don't have one yet. Patrol rifles are even harder to come by.

Come November when I get a take home car, I'll be buying one. I don't know if I will go down to the 14" barrel or not. Do you find it to be significantly more agile than the 16"? A lot of the houses we end up clearing are built way pre-code and have pretty tight stairwells, attics, and basements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.