Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
apparently there was another shooting in Denver Colorado today at the 4/20 pot party. They are going to play this on the right wing extremists, and use it to push legislation against guns. the issue is far from dead.

·
ZORT member
993 Posts
The shooter at the pot party apparently didn't get the memo. "Today we smoke pot. Tomorrow we drink."

I don't understand why people bring weapons to large events. Especially when they will be partaking in whatever is the poison for the day. Some people just look for trouble.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The shooter at the pot party apparently didn't get the memo. "Today we smoke pot. Tomorrow we drink."

I don't understand why people bring weapons to large events. Especially when they will be partaking in whatever is the poison for the day. Some people just look for trouble.
Some people believe they should have the right to carry just about anywhere they go and that a carry permit entitles them to that. For me, I don't see any reason that I would bring a gun to an amusement park, party, or big get together. Especially if there's alcohol. At such places, a gun would be more trouble than its worth.

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
Some people believe they should have the right to carry just about anywhere they go and that a carry permit entitles them to that. For me, I don't see any reason that I would bring a gun to an amusement park, party, or big get together. Especially if there's alcohol. At such places, a gun would be more trouble than its worth.
:lol:You as a concealed carry holder have the option of not carrying-myself as a concealed carry holder also use my option of carrying-just in case the party has some A-hole that figures that we're all unarmed!Suprize-Mr or Ms A-hole,your party just came to an end!:eek:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
:lol:You as a concealed carry holder have the option of not carrying-myself as a concealed carry holder also use my option of carrying-just in case the party has some A-hole that figures that we're all unarmed!Suprize-Mr or Ms A-hole,your party just came to an end!:eek:
Same here, and as a concealed carry holder I have a responsibility not to drink to extreme when I do carry and alcohol is being served. Just like when I am driving I have a one beer limit, anything more then that and I won't drive and probably won't carry a sidearm.

·
Registered
8,724 Posts
north carolina has a zero tolerance specification in the staute governing ccw.
apparently there's a chance that ccw will be allowed in establishments that serve alky - however the limitation still applys.

·
I am NOT an animal.......
1,191 Posts
In modern day Israel, that is when carrying a gun is preferred. When America becomes what Israel has already been going through, I believe you will change your opinion on that. Not arguing, just sayin' :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Last summer I would sometimes go to this amusement park that had, among other things, these really big fun rides. Just recently I was at a pool party in Las Vegas. At the amusement park you go through a metal detector at the front entrance and they also search any bags you bring in but aside from that, I didn't feel like I needed a gun in either place. And besides both places served alcohol. At the amusement park they had security guards that had guns. As for the security guards, I can see why they would need guns as their job was to keep the place safe. My job was to have fun and enjoy myself. The pool party also had security, and besides it would be hard to carry concealed while wearing just a bathing suit. Usually if not always, parties and big events have security and that's whats used to stop the A-holes who want to prey on unarmed people. And besides private businesses do have the right to control what can be brought on to their establishments, as much as we might disagree with it.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Respectfully, if you're not drinking, what's the problem? If you're worried about assault by some drunken fool at a public event, carry a legal less-than-lethal response, like pepper spray as well.

We live in a country with 24/7 media saturation that is encouraging copycats of spree shooting, and a psych profession that hands out happy pills with side effects that include "homicidal and suicidal thoughts".

Until those things change, why would you ever want to promote a GFZ, particularly at an amusement park or party, where some psycho ******* can indulge in a little massacre before "suicide by cop"?

I carry everywhere it is legal, period.

Respectfully,
Grumpy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Respectfully, if you're not drinking, what's the problem? If you're worried about assault by some drunken fool at a public event, carry a legal less-than-lethal response, like pepper spray as well.

We live in a country with 24/7 media saturation that is encouraging copycats of spree shooting, and a psych profession that hands out happy pills with side effects that include "homicidal and suicidal thoughts".

Until those things change, why would you ever want to promote a GFZ, particularly at an amusement park or party, where some psycho ******* can indulge in a little massacre before "suicide by cop"?

I carry everywhere it is legal, period.

Respectfully,
Grumpy
I certainly don't have a problem with non drinking people carrying at such places provided they've got permits and all, I just don't see the reason for me to be carrying at such places. Usually they've got security at such places to keep the drunken fools in line, or any other kinds of fools in line for that matter. And besides, having a gun on my person is an extra responsibility and at parties and amusement parks I want to do just that, party and enjoy myself and not have extra responsibilities to worry about. As I said, its security's job to look out for and take care of troublemakers. And at a pool event, it would be kind of hard if not impossible to have a concealed weapon while wearing a bathing suit.

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
;)All due respect photon guy-there are people on this board that have carried concealed for most of their lives,and in states that allow like mine,have also consumed alcohol at the same time-right next to the county sheriff who was concealed and consuming,and even asked for an assist/backup when arresting a known felon at said drinking establishment!Moderation in all things-comes to mind.Also if you wish to trust your safety to the "mall ninja"type of security cops,or the cop that is moonlighting at the party event that may be overworked and underslept-that is your prerogitive.Myself-I trust me,and try do distance myself from the Dumb-A's at parties and public events so that situations don't turn tragic! Some states laws-just allow for the unexpected more than others!<_<

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I certainly don't have a problem with non drinking people carrying at such places provided they've got permits and all, I just don't see the reason for me to be carrying at such places. Usually they've got security at such places to keep the drunken fools in line, or any other kinds of fools in line for that matter. And besides, having a gun on my person is an extra responsibility and at parties and amusement parks I want to do just that, party and enjoy myself and not have extra responsibilities to worry about. As I said, its security's job to look out for and take care of troublemakers. And at a pool event, it would be kind of hard if not impossible to have a concealed weapon while wearing a bathing suit.
Never been to an amusement park or party with security of any kind at all, past a fat guy in a blue outfit with no weapons past a walkie talkie. Guess we travel in different circles!

If you're happy in public in condition white, that's your business, but I never go below yellow in public, particularly if my family is present. My duty is to protect them, no matter the cost to me. There's this whole problem of spending what's left of my life unable to look in a mirror if I neglect that duty.

Respectfully,
Grumpy

·
Registered
72 Posts
;)All due respect photon guy-there are people on this board that have carried concealed for most of their lives,and in states that allow like mine,have also consumed alcohol at the same time-right next to the county sheriff who was concealed and consuming,and even asked for an assist/backup when arresting a known felon at said drinking establishment!Moderation in all things-comes to mind.Also if you wish to trust your safety to the "mall ninja"type of security cops,or the cop that is moonlighting at the party event that may be overworked and underslept-that is your prerogitive.Myself-I trust me,and try do distance myself from the Dumb-A's at parties and public events so that situations don't turn tragic! Some states laws-just allow for the unexpected more than others!<_<
Well if you are drinking and carrying you should at least be careful not to get too drunk. Besides, I believe the law says in most places that you cannot be in possession of a firearm if your BAC is over a certain level just like the law says you cannot drive if your BAC is over a certain level. If you are going to drink and carry I think a good cutoff point would be to not get above the BAC for driving.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Never been to an amusement park or party with security of any kind at all, past a fat guy in a blue outfit with no weapons past a walkie talkie. Guess we travel in different circles!

If you're happy in public in condition white, that's your business, but I never go below yellow in public, particularly if my family is present. My duty is to protect them, no matter the cost to me. There's this whole problem of spending what's left of my life unable to look in a mirror if I neglect that duty.

Respectfully,
Grumpy
At the amusement park I went to security did carry guns. And if you think its a good idea to carry everywhere you go can you perhaps give me pointers on how to carry when you're in a pool wearing a bathing suit?

If you want to carry everywhere you go and you've got the proper permit that's your choice and your privilege as the law says you're allowed to. But there are some places where the law says you can't carry, government buildings, school grounds, college campuses, and airports to name a few. I also like to stay in condition yellow when in public, but I don't feel like I always need a gun to be in condition yellow.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
At the amusement park I went to security did carry guns. And if you think its a good idea to carry everywhere you go can you perhaps give me pointers on how to carry when you're in a pool wearing a bathing suit?

If you want to carry everywhere you go and you've got the proper permit that's your choice and your privilege as the law says you're allowed to. But there are some places where the law says you can't carry, government buildings, school grounds, college campuses, and airports to name a few. I also like to stay in condition yellow when in public, but I don't feel like I always need a gun to be in condition yellow.
A public pool? Don't think I've ever felt the desire to go to a public pool, so you've got me there. Haven't worn a "bathing suit" in more decades than I'd like to think about....

Personally though, I refuse to do business with any store, restaurant, etc that is a GFZ. Not all schools and college campuses are off limits BTW. Depends on your state. And if you're in a state where its illegal to carry there, I'd strongly advise getting onto changing it. More GFZ's = more massacres = more political push to restrict your 2A rights.

As far as condition white, that's what I took away from "... I want to do just that, party and enjoy myself and not have extra responsibilities to worry about..." Sorry, that's pretty much the definition of condition white in my book. Maintaining situational awareness around yourself is an extra responsibility, and a big one.

Respectfully,
Grumpy

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.