Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased 6 NIB Ruger Factory 20 round magazines for $90.00 each from a private party. Friends, that is a total of $540.00. I managed to justify, in my mind, paying this amount until, I saw the $17.00 price stickers on the boxes...That hurt.

As the pain is slowly subsiding, I have to admit that no after market magazine will compare with a Ruger. I bought my Mini in 1976 and countless after market magazines since then, and none compare with the Ruger factory magazines.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Yea, kinda like when I sold my 10/22, I just thru in a folding stock I paid $29 for, I didn't know it was worth $140, but I did hang on to 2 ea 50 rnd clips I think I paid $17 each were worth $140 ea. Ya win some, and loose some.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well SF Airborne,
You've got my envy.

The only Ruger mags I can find are 5 rnd'ers. Last month, I threw a 10 rnd USA mag in the trash because it kept jamming, throwing rounds out the top, and totally pissed me off.

After that, I' m not going to buy aftermarket magazines. Other aftermarkets on other guns weren't that great either.

If those 20 rnd mags work, then you've got something.

Money helps, hardware wins. That's one engineer's opinion.

KC

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a mix of John Masen 10-round and PMI 20-round mags in my Mini-14. Both work flawlessly, though a couple of the Masen mags had to have a bit of up-bending done to the left tab to keep the bolt open after the last shot. Other than that, no problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats, On the Ruger factory mags. I own -1- 20 rounder which I paid $120 for... I do also use J. Masen as well as PMI which work pretty well. I am always looking for more Rugers however. Where did you get 6 new ones????

Larry

·
Registered
2 Posts
:D :p :D :p :D WOW, I am SOOOO lucky!!! Last week a friend of mine let me shoot his pre-ban AR-15 and AK-47. When we were done, we talked about Mini-14's for a little bit, and he then mentioned that he had FACTORY hi-caps that he bought in bulk before the ban and is willing to GIVE ME!!!:D :D :D I haven't seen them yet, but I am sure they are factory and probably in top-notch shape, cause this guy really knows his stuff and keep his toys really clean! These will definatly be keepers, so please don't e-mail me about selling them. It may be a few weeks, but I'll try to post pics when I get 'em. :cool:

ruger5541:ar15:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
If I was that lucky, I'd go out, and buy a powerball ticket!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts