Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
> Don't blink!
>
>
> Bob Munden passed away Dec. 10th at the age of 70.
>
>
> AN EX-FBI AGENT WHO WAS SUPPOSEDLY TIMED IN LESS THAN 3/100's OF A SECOND.
>
>
> THIS GUY COULD SHOOT YOU EVEN IF YOU WERE HOLDING A GUN ON HIM,
> YOUR REACTION WOULD NOT BE FAST ENOUGH TO PULL TRIGGER.
>
>
> NO - I MEAN YOU COULD START PULLING THE TRIGGER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE
> WITH HIS GUN STILL IN THE HOLSTER AND YOU WOULD LOSE.
>
>
> IMPRESSIVE STUFF
>
> Fastest gunman on planet. [VIDEO]
> :D

· Registered
94 Posts
no, man. not 3/100's of a second. 15/100's of second, can be done, IF the gun man is distracted, and IF he's stupid enough to hold a gun on somebody OPENLY wearing a pistol, at 1 hand point shot distance, and IF the holster is completely insecure for daily wear. :) I've seen Thell Reed and others "beat the drop", but for it to be realistic, it would have to be done from concealment, and the only way that is going to happen is if you step to one side, as you draw from a pocket holster, with your hand on the gun from the beginning. THEN it's practical, but it's still a grave risk, because the pressure is likely to make you miss, and even multiple good .45 hits to the chest have on occasion failed to keep men from firing, you know. So it's only to be considered when you think that the guy is going to shoot you no matter what you do.

· Premium Member
2,304 Posts
He was a remarkable shooter and a good man as well, I've always enjoyed watching him fast shoot and trick shoot, it was a sad day when he left this world and a loss to so many who knew and loved him.

What a lot of people don't know about him was that he was deadly with a lever action long gun as well but he favored the pistol.

Now it looks like Jerry Miculek has moved up to the top of the list.

· Registered
94 Posts
actually, no the .45 Colt, with normal loads, does NOT "do a heck of a lot more". In fact, I've had a feral cat run off without a sign that I'd hit it, at about 50 ft with 250 gr Hornady jhps, at 1200 fps. I hit it again, it chased its tail for a circle and fell over. One to the chest, one thru the guts. YOur call as to which hit was first. :) I also had a small feral dog run with 185 gr Hornady jhp thru the chest., at 1500 fps. Hornady jackets are too thick/tough, and they used to have way too small a hp cavity, which is what I was using. this was a 4 3/4" Blackhawk, 1974

· Registered
94 Posts
I've never seen ANY of the SA revolver boys do DIDDLY if they couldn't cheat and get all "set" with their hands "just so", pointing their body "just so", with boots, hat, crouch, etc, "just so". Show me something doing Right and left pivots, from concealment. Otherwise, you won't have it, and nobody's going to just LET you get set, man. so it's bs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.